Topic

WTB: Golite Shangri-La 5 tarp and nest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap WTB: Golite Shangri-La 5 tarp and nest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

Want to Buy: Looking for a Golite Shangri-La 5 shelter system, with the fly, nest, and (preferably) center pole for family camping. Thanks very much!

-Greg

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Not sure what your exact space needs are but I’m considering selling my Shangri-La 3, Greg.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Hi Sam, thanks for your post and sorry for my delay; I’ve been away from the computer for a few days.

I’m looking for a tent that can hold 3 people plus gear (plus dog sometimes), as well as be large enough for potentially a couple extra people to sit in if need be. While my solo kit is pretty dialed, my current family tent is 10 pounds, so I’m looking to reduce there.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Greg, the Shangri-La 3 is big enough for two adults and a kid with room for gear but not the other requirements you have so this won’t be a good solution for you.  All the best in your hunt.  I’d recommend widening your search and looking into the tipi shelters from Titanium Goat and Seek Outside.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Thanks, Sam. Seek Outside does make excellent shelters. I have their sil Silex and love it, and their multi-person shelters look fantastic, but I was looking for a somewhat more budget option at this time which led me to the Shangri-La 5 out of hopes someone out there has upgraded and just has an old one sitting in their closet. I’ll check out TiGoat too. I’ve been reading and re-reading Jerry’s tutorial on making a pyramid shelter and doing the math to scale it up, but the MYOG queue is long right now and I’d love to find something I can put into action more quickly for a few more family trips this summer :)

Happy hiking,

Greg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!