Topic

Wt. check on Snow Peak 110 canister, plz. Other fuels that fit Snow Peak stoves?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wt. check on Snow Peak 110 canister, plz. Other fuels that fit Snow Peak stoves?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I usually mark my canisters after using but I have one Snow Peak 110 with no markings….yet it feels too light to be unused. Can anyone give me a weight on one that’s full?

Also, what other canisters will fit the Snow Peak Giga Power stove? The only shop in town stopped carrying Snow Peak but has MSR, Optimus, Jetboil, and Primus. Can anyone confirm, from first-hand experience, if any of these work?

I need to come up with something rather soon for an upcoming trip. Many thanks for any help!

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

They all work in all canister stoves.  I have personally used MSR, Coleman, Snowpeak, Gaz, and Primus canisters.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

If it’s an unused 110g, it’ll weigh very close to 212g.

Agree with Michael that they should all work with all stoves, although there are sometimes differences in the length of the pins that open the Lindal valves and some of them have to be screwed down more tightly than others to get them to work.

However, I have used an older Giga with MSR, Primus and Coleman (and probably a few other canisters) with no problems at all.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

SNOWPEAK GIGAPOWER 4 OZ:  FULL: 195.6 g   EMPTY:  87.9 g

SNOWPEAK GIGAPOWER 8 OZ:  FULL: 368.8 g   EMPTY:  144.6 g

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

My various 110-gram canisters weighed 209-213 grams each when new.

Yes, it will work with any brand, except maybe the new Coleman ones with an orange band around the top (Hikin’ Jim reported some issues with those recently, needing to crank overly hard to get flow).

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Current Giga specs… From SP… I don’t have them and have not weighed them.

Eek, sorry for the html mess, just see the link… currently 211g

Hikin’ Jim can probably tell us the backstory behind the lighter canisters before… all Korean made by Taeyang…

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

I’ve burned through a handful of MSR and Jetboil in my Gigapower stove personally. Zero problems.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Thanks to all the helpful replies! As suspected, my unmarked canister has indeed been used. I’m disappointed in myself for not marking it as such. Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools