Topic

WM Bag Overfill- Where to get it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) WM Bag Overfill- Where to get it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Locale: Katahdin

Hey everyone! I’m in the market for a new bag and was wondering what retailers offer overfill on their WM sleeping bags? I also already own a couple WM bags and was curious about sending one of them out directly to WM or someone else to get overfill?Thanks!

-jake

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I think Hermits hut offer an overfill option.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

I got a couple of bags with overfill from Hermits Hut, this was years ago though.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I got my bag overfilled by WM. Sent it in with a check and had it back in just under a week.

Western Mountaineering
    1025 South 5th Street
    San Jose, CA 95112

408 287-8944

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hermits Hut will sell you a bag with overfill, but I don’t believe they’ll add fill to a bag you already have (they get them from WM with overfill). WM, as Ken says, will take your WM bag and add fill to it. You could also probably get overfill from Rainy Pass Repair.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

JHL, Hermit’s Hut gives overfill as a standard feature, at no additional cost, unless you request otherwise.

I think I’ve bought 4 or 5 WM bags from them…

jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Locale: Katahdin

Thank you for all the replies everyone! I’m going to get in touch with the folks at WM and Hermits Hut.

• jake
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

I took my Kodiak and Alpinlite in to WM in San Jose and they added the overfill to each bag within 48 hours. They do ask that the bags are new or washed. A California health & safety regulation I believe, but also so that they can add the overfill to the spots that need it the most. The Kodiak was new, but the Alpinlite needed cleaning before I took it in. I happened to be working 15 minutes drive from the factory, so it was a piece of cake for me. Shipping a bag cross country adds to the time and the cost of the exercise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools