Topic

Whats up with STP 35% or 40% codes? Seems like they disappeared

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Whats up with STP 35% or 40% codes? Seems like they disappeared

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John RB
    BPL Member

@biggyshorty

I can only find 15% (over $75) and such. They used to have AMAZING coupons. Anyone have anything valid they’d care to share? Thanks much!

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

I wondered the same thing, so I asked them. Seems like they told me they were taking a new approach, so they’ve stopped with the huge discount codes. 25% is the best I’ve seen, or 20% and free shipping. Use Mr. Rebates for discount codes and another 5% off (my referral link if you’re not a member already).

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Activejunky.com gives you 10% cash back (but only quarterly) on STP purchases over and above your coupon. I still get 30% off coupons from STP occasionally.

David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

Placed an order yesterday with free shipping (no min), but no further discount.

So of course today I get an offer of 25% off (no min) and .99 shipping (no min.) At least I can share it (valid for first 3 orders, expires 11:59pm MST tomorrow Sat 3/12): Keycode: DUA2597X

Hope that helps a few folks. I always watch for the codes that are free, .99, or 1.99 shipping with no minimum, plus a decent (20, 25, 30% off) discount – I usually place smaller orders and don’t want to have to spend $75 or $100. Still some very good deals to be had.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Yep. I spoke with customer service and they game me a lie that they had lowered prices across the board so that 30-40% coupons weren’t needed. I’ve been shopping at STP for years and between 2012 and early 2015 probably spent a good $6000 or more there. Since they were bought out by the same mega-corp that owns TJ Max everything has gone downhill. Prices aren’t as competitive, selection of gear and clothes is less interesting, and it just seems like they circling the drain. Not to mention the buy out forced them to charge tax on every sale across the nation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools