Topic

Wanted: Up close picture of a cuben fiber bathtub floor corner.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wanted: Up close picture of a cuben fiber bathtub floor corner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John Brewer
    BPL Member

@jbrewer

Locale: California Coast

I am in need of up close pictures of the corner edge (inside and outside) of a cuben bathtub groundsheet made by zpacks or comparable brand. It can also be a tent as long as it has a cuben bathtub floor. Something that shows how the corners are finished. Thank you.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Here are photos of outside and inside of a HMG Echo II insert (inner net tent). I don’t know if the pictures do it justice—and I don’t know that much about sewing—but it looks to me to be extremely well constructed.

John Brewer
    BPL Member

@jbrewer

Thanks for the pictures Bob. This does look to be quality work, as has everything else I’ve seen from HMG.

Cameron M
    BPL Member

@cameronm-aka-backstroke

Locale: Los Angeles

ZPacks poncho/bathtub. Minimal, just a folded edge means no sealing necessary.

John Brewer
    BPL Member

@jbrewer

Thanks Cameron, looks like the fold is very minimal, and placed directly on the corner to make the wall stand up straight and even. Is the material on the inside done in the same manner?

Cameron M
    BPL Member

@cameronm-aka-backstroke

Locale: Los Angeles

Hi. Not sure of the question, but yes, it appears similar on the inside.

Dillon R
    BPL Member

@drick

The floor of my solplex looks similar to Cameron’s except it has two folds per corner. So instead of one 90 degree angle it has two 45 degree angles per corner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools