Topic

Vargo ExoTi 50

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Vargo ExoTi 50

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

Locale: Oklahoma

Just got an email about it. It finally popped up on their website. There’s a video, too, if anyone’s curious.

https://www.vargooutdoors.com/exoti-50-backpack.html

Thomas Willard
    BPL Member

@tomw

Locale: Philadelphia

I’ve been holding off getting a new pack until this one came out. The frame and hipbelt look great. The crossing straps on the back with no side compression…leave me puzzled. It doesn’t look like the pack was designed to be used with the lid removed.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Yeah, not sure about the idea behind those crossing straps. The webbing and pack material is heavy and the water bottle pockets too small… And I’m just not into lids any more…

I think most of us look at it from the perspective of how it might be better than our current kit and preferences, and compared to my Zpacks 2014 Arc Blast I don’t see anything that would make me switch to something that weighs 1.5lbs more.

But that’s me, and no doubt there are others for whom this is just the ticket.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Anyone else think the mesh hip pockets are a bad idea? Overall I see a lackluster design with room for improvement everywhere.

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

The lid is removable though as you can see in the video.
    But like mentioned above, I would much rather have three side compression straps than the crossover straps.

I would also rather have a big mesh pocket rather than those crossover straps and the bottle pockets opening look tight/high, but could work depending how it rides.

Also personally don’t like the lumbar pad so fat, but I don’t have much curve in the small of my back.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The frame looks nice. It appears that you could sew your own pack on there and have something pretty nice. Just hard to pay $300 for a frame.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

I agree, Dan. Unimpressed…

California Packrafting
    BPL Member

@unnamedpeaks

I called them today, they sell the frame and pad for 225, and the different pack options for 75.

They have a new option that holds a dry bag. Interesting options.

I would love to try one, I might order and go for a hike just to see what’s up and report back.

I ordered the ULA Epic, I don’t think it’s going to work for me. Looking for something I can attach a dry bag to or make a waterproof bag for.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

The frame itself looks nice. Not that impressed by the harness. Its like they’ve ignored all the best harness innovations of the last 20 years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools