Topic

Thinking of ZPacks Family in Melbourne, FL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thinking of ZPacks Family in Melbourne, FL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

I did not know where else to put this but I just wanted to express my concerns for the safety of Joe Valesko, his family, and all the folks at ZPacks down in Melbourne, Florida who may soon be seriously affected by Hurricane Matthew.  And for that matter, all the folks in the southeast who may be affected by this storm. ZPacks is a wonderful groups of folks and I hope they personally as well as their business makes it through the storm safely.  Let’s keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

PS:  I sure wish we could edit our posts.  I did not proof-read before submitting and in two places my grammar sounds terrible.  Nevertheless, the sentiments remain the same.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

I’m here in Gainesville Gerry and I was thinking about Joe and Cheryl this morning when I was out training on the trails in Sweetwater Preserve. I believe the Valeskos are technically in Palm Bay, close to Melbourne though. I thought about asking them to come stay with me, but I feel certain they wouldn’t because Joe knows I would drive him and Cheryl crazy talking about UL gear the whole time.

As of now NOAA is predicting the Cat 4 monster to come closest to land right in Joe’s area. Of course I’m worried about their safety, however I’m also worried that a direct hit could knock them out of business for awhile.

Gainesville probably won’t see hurricane force winds unless Matthew takes an unpredicted turn inland. Things are getting tense here in Gator country though. Classes at UF stop at 5:00 PM today. People in a mad dash at all the stores and gas stations around town.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Joe, Matt and Will are on the Superior Hiking Trail (Minnesota). Hope everyone makes it through the storm ok.

Don H
    BPL Member

@donh-1

Locale: Midwest

Pile on – in my thoughts and prayers as well.  Thank you for starting this string!

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Joe, Matt and Will are on the Superior Hiking Trail (Minnesota).

Indeed?  I’ve been up there a lot recently (half of last week and half of this week).  It’d been fun to nice to met them.

It’s been wet up there  .. but no hurricanes!  One of the best falls for mushrooms in recent years and fall colors have been spectacular

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Joe, Matt and Will are on the Superior Hiking Trail (Minnesota). Hope everyone makes it through the storm ok.

They have finished the hike and if I am not mistaken they are back home now… Hoping they stay safe through this storm!

Packman Pete
    BPL Member

@packmanpete

Locale: Rainy Portland

I was thinking about them, too. I got an email reply the other day saying they were shut down through the hurricane. I hope the business pulls through ok and everybody is safe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools