Topic

The Shaky Science of Recovery

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition The Shaky Science of Recovery

• This topic has 38 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom K.
Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Okay, I’ll say it

calling an adult woman a girl?

that could go badly even if no offense was intended

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Drum roll for the trolls …

Cheers

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

I know you didn’t mean anything offensive, I just happened to notice it and couldn’t help making a comment

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I don’t mind. It honestly doesn’t bother me. It’s how the word is used – it’s only negative if it is used to put a person down, and that wasn’t how it was used :-)

I worked all day on the farm, and this girl is all tired. It was an ungodly 78* on the island today and I put 64 alpine strawberry plants in the ground and then finished the fencing.

I streamed a ton of veggies which I tossed with a cheese sauce I made, with diced roast beef. The kids roll their eyes but eat “mac and cheese” HAHAHAHA. And yeah, this girl is about to go pass out for the night. I am grateful my kids are old enough now to entertain themselves. Lol.

Tomorrow, I install goat fencing for the goats I was promised I could get after we were here a year. WOO-HOO!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

only black people can use the N word?

are the goats for eating or weeding?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

or yoga?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Yoga is so wrong I can’t even. Mostly because it perpetuates the use of animals to entertain humans – and can cause stress if the goats are transported. I got into it with a green conference over that – and the organizers were all city dwellers. Bugged me to no end.

But yes, they will eat well. Lots to clear. Acres of yummies to weed eat (cause lord knows I am tired of weed eating). I’d like to do females so we can have milk, but we shall see. Male goats are free through rescues, but you have to take a few and they can be mean.

I’d eat goat if I was hungry-hungry, but I’d prefer to not. It’s “strong tasting” and needs a long rest in the Instant Pot.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

goat yoga is surely a sign that our civilization is in it’s waning days : )

very environmentally responsible for removing weeds though.  Blackberries for example.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

mmmhhh, goat…

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

All yours. Lol!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Yoga is so wrong I can’t even. Mostly because it perpetuates the use of animals to entertain humans
    I had to Search for ‘goat yoga’ to see what you were talking about.
    Seems to me that at least some of the goats thought they were being entertained by the humans …

Cheers

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

My husband used to live on a goat farm, and he says goats don’t mind the attention, nor the ride getting somewhere. Maybe some do. The pics of goat yoga I found don’t look much like yoga though, just a goat petting session. Have fun with your goats Sarah! Eventually you’ll have to eat some if you’re keeping both sexes. Or sell to immigrants which is what my husband’s family did. They used the milk but sold off most of the offspring to folks for whom goat was part of their regular diet. We tried it in Indonesia, pretty good actually.

Back to the thread? I love Gatorade! But the best thing on a marathon is Oreos! Who cares about the next day?! Ow, ow, ow. Eventually it fixes itself.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

“Who cares about the next day?! Ow, ow, ow. Eventually it fixes itself.”

TMI?  Maybe thinking where you were going with that is TMI?

Oreos?  They are the most disgusting “food” I can think of.  (Tasty though, addictive…)

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

“Oreos?  They are the most disgusting “food” I can think of.”

You’ve obviously never had the pleasure of making yourself sick on Twinkies.  ;0)

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools