Topic

Tell me about your Cuban Fiber Gear durability after the Dyneema Buyout

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tell me about your Cuban Fiber Gear durability after the Dyneema Buyout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hanz B
    BPL Member

@tundra-thrasher-ouch-man-2

Hi,

i thought it would be nice to hear about the durability of CF gear after the buy out of CF by DSM dyneema this pAST season – now that the same company is selling two competitive products in one market – it would be nice too hear that the bAss materials are still performing same or different.

Has anyone noticed any changes in durability / quality of CF and for fun, do you have +5 or +10 years use of one Cuban Fiber gear item that’s still a workhorse – want to share which one and how it held up?!

I got the inspiration for this topic after readying a similar bpl topic dated to 2009 when the industry was younger.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Well this is news to me – not that I use Cuben fiber anything. But it seems that one company owning two “competing” super fibers is just not even legal and would interest the FTC.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

FTC, Bah. Not an American company.

http://www.dsm.com/products/dyneema/en_GB/home.html

Hanz B
    BPL Member

@tundra-thrasher-ouch-man-2

i don’t know anything about the law – but feel like it’s ok … I really just wondered if anyone noticed improvement or shortcomings since the buyout.  I love my MLD Cuban fiber exodus pack, but I haven’t had it long enough to have an opinion on durability.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

DSM bought the company, but I have not heard of any changes to the manufacture of cuben itself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools