Topic

John Abela's quilt review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) John Abela's quilt review

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

thats it ….

when im “upset” about somebody “customer service” … ill go ahead and exploit a security hole to wreck their editing feature …

its a perfectly acceptable response for some BPLers …

lets see folks try that on an actual gear company, cottage or mainstream ….

jeez … some folks just arent happy if you ask a sponsored athlete if they just paid full price for the damn thing …

now another marmot must die …

;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

“now another marmot must die …”

Not if the Lord of Light and the red woman have anything to say about it…the Marmot, can come back!

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

Classic BPL……….who said the website ain’t what it used to be…….

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

poofay is just trying to prevent someone from going to prison over a lack of disclosure statement.   I think.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Nm

Anonymous
    Inactive

Full disclosure.  For most of the posts on this thread, i pressed exactly right in between the helpful and not helpful buttons…but… it did exactly nothing.  It should have activated a neutral, Switzerland vote, but as usual, BPL dropped the ball.

If this is not fixed soon, i think i’m leaving for good.  I will probably take a few azan poofay marmots with me…why?  Just cause beeatches.  (i do not plan to eat them, but will release them into the wilds, thus saving them from certain culinary doom).

Another disclosure.  I did not drink 1 to 7 beers before writing this, but damnit, i should have.  I will not helpful’ed myself for this lack of critical foresight.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Wait, who exploited a security hole ? John?

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

“John?”

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

Did they take him out back and bob him like Gross ?

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Abela did? No kidding? That’s pretty childish if so.

David L
    BPL Member

@family-guy-2-2

I don’t buy it.  Many posts were deleted that supported his review but the ones that didn’t remained.  Once again, poor John is burned at the stake and he hasn’t even responded to the accusations.  Leave it be, already.

Anyone want to go hiking?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

hmmmm …

so there wasnt a “black ops” exploit by someone who was upset at a simple question?

and BPL is making it all up?

or perhaps some BPLers dont want to believe it … or think its acceptable …

;)

David L
    BPL Member

@family-guy-2-2

“so there wasnt a “black ops” exploit by someone who was upset at a simple question?

and BPL is making it all up?

or perhaps some BPLers dont want to believe it … or think its acceptable …”

Eric – you are relentless.  We get it.  You want full disclosure.  Hopefully you can ensure full compliance.  You have certainly earned this position.  I expect you to police accordingly lest I be disappointed in your efforts.

Maybe you should contact John directly instead of smearing his good name here because you just accused him of hacking.  What are the legal ramifications of such accusations?

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

John just wanted to show the inferiors how petty and weak they really are. They dared to question his integrity.

But he lynch mob just wouldn’t let up. All John had to do was say whether or not Ron gave him the quilt, but he felt like he shouldn’t have to. Then the hyenas became relentless.

The thread took on elements of McCarthyism. It was like the hunt for the subversive non-disclosers, lol!  I think John may be a Communist.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

david …

read rogers post …

its fairly unequivocal who is doing the “black ops”

if you think that pointing out that exploiting security holes over getting upset on a simple disclosure question is “smearing” … well you REALLY need that “safe space” where one cant ask for a simple disclosure

and here you are trying to say there are “legal ramifications” for pointing out that BPL mods say that john is indeed responsible for the “black ops” on their security hole …

perhaps you missed it …

my my my … some BPLers are upset that the blogger they are supporting basically “tried to trash the system” over a simple disclosure question …

and even better, they are trying to justify it …

;)

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

Jon was one of the last great off trail adventurers that took time out of his schedule to build trails for the average person.

Its a shame eric had to tarnish his image for unknown reasons that eric doesn’t feel he should have to disclose.

It’s likely an MLD competitor is paying eric to cause trouble.   That’s really pathetic.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

oh dear clueless …

asking for a simple disclosure if he bought the quilt full price is “tarnishing” johns image ????

then according to BPL, john goes out and “trashes their system”

and pointing out that this is perhaps not the best thing is “tarnishing” it …

glad you support “trashing the system” at BPL to be an acceptable response ..

and look to blame folks who ask a simple disclosure question

and now you accuse a MLD competitor ???

HILARIOUS!!!

;)

Gary Pikovsky
    BPL Member

@gosha007

Locale: New Hampshire White Mountains

Haven’t checked on this thread for a while. Just did. Going to say a few words, because it needs to be said.

Honestly, I cannot believe some of you on this forum (ahem Eric). John Abela puts his heart and soul into this stuff and all you can do is just bash him. They guy almost single handedly carries the torch of SUL and BPL’s original thorough focus on ultralight hiking and what do some of you do because of something you’re not even sure of? Cmon that’s low. Let’s focus on things that matter.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

oh dear gary …

now asking a simple question about if he payed full price for the quilt is “bashing” ???

you know whats “low” gary … you and otherstrying to “smear” me for simply asking for a single disclosure line thats given by other reviewers …

and you know whats even “lower” … you defending john in his quest to “trash the system” at BPL with his “black ops” edits that affected the BPL editing feature … those are rogers words, not mine

OBVIOUSLY to you a basic disclosure doesnt matter, and shouldnt even be ASKED … and having folks “trash the system” on a BPL security hole is just fine for you …

if this is your “old BPL”, then im absolutely disgusted with someone who attacks me for simply asking a simple question, and tries to defend someone who “trashes the system”

basically you folks dont want people to know, or even ASK, if someone who posts a dedicated thread for a review linked to his blog and is a sponsored athlete paid full price for the item they are reviewing …

interesting reading on what reddit UL thinks of him, especially as it was suggested as a place for BPLers to “flee” in your “miss the old BPL” thread … heres a few links to some of the more upvoted comments on two of his recent reviews on reddit (i have personally never posted on “reddit UL”, so cant blame me for those)

HILARIOUS !!!

;)

David L
    BPL Member

@family-guy-2-2

..and the slagging continues.  I think this shows that you may have had an early facination with John to the point of obsession.  Perhaps you had planned to ‘out’ him all along and were just awaiting the perfect opportunity?  Well done. Relentless scouring of the inter webs to support your stance (seriously, two anonymous people on Reddit?)…do you ever sleep?

I mean, it IS okay to take a breath and sleep.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Ugh, enough already.How about these rules,

Positive encouragement goes a lot further than negative criticism. Praise in public, criticize in private – directly with the offending party.
    Don’t gossip, defame, lie, make unsubstantiated claims, engage in libel or slander, or question motives.

Do not conduct yourself in a way that intentionally causes distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention, or other discomfort to any other individual.

Do not deviate from the primary topic of the forum thread.

Roger can this thread be locked from further comment? Please.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

oh deer david …

your the one who is blaming me for simply asking a simple question

you can others here have over and over again tried to DEMAND that i not ask about disclosure on a review that john SPECIFICALLY posted linking to his review on this public website forum

your guys are the one BLAMING me for johns decision to exploit that security hole on BPL that eventually wrecked the edit feature for awhile

and you guys are the ones who are blaming me for “johns reputation” when its clear that even on reddit UL (where i dont post), its not the most stellar anyways

ken interesting youre the one “quoting rules” … plenty of folks have been violating them above trying to blame me for johns “trashing of BPL” and asking a simple disclosure quesiont

yes this thread should be locked, there was no purpose for it except for a specific review to be posted that linked to promote their own blog … there is already another thread on the topic

;)

Ryan K
    BPL Member

@ryan-keane

Many other forums have a feature where you can select to always hide the posts from a specified user.  They’re not banned, but you personally can choose not to have to read or purposefully skip their posts.

We need that feature.  Just do it after you fix it so new subscribers can actually access their forum profile….. crickets, crickets

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

How can we bring Trump into this?

And how he’s been unfairly portrayed by the press?

(The 2015 version of Goodwin’s law)

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

it’s sad when John ignores eric’s  need for attention.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)
  • The topic ‘John Abela's quilt review’ is closed to new replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools