Topic

Outdoor Retailer Summer 2017: Are You Going?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Outdoor Retailer Summer 2017: Are You Going?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Feucht
    BPL Member

@misstenacity

Wondering if anyone will be attending the ORS this week in SLC. It’s the last time there (bummer, as I have friends and family galore and love the city), but I’m finally attending as a buyer/researcher.

That said, I of course will be stalking and fondling any and all things applicable to UL backpacking as I’m finally getting all my gear lists checked off.

It would be great to meet a few of you along the way. :)

Andrea

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

I’ll be there all four days! PM me if you want to meet up.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I’m going backpacking this week instead :-)

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I’ll be there all four days!

Envious.

I’m going backpacking this week instead :-)

Immensely more envious!

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

I of course will be stalking and fondling any and all things

Every type of convention gets this way after happy hour.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

I went to the OR show once.

Two observations:

1. I felt as if I was trapped in REI for three days
    2. I kept on looking up at the Wasatch throughout the weekend  and thinking “Why am I here surrounded by gear rather being outside and using it?”  :)

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Though most of the gear is old news or not of interest to me, I do like seeing the odds and ends that people find and looking at the direction(s) the outdoor industry is going, but I am glad people go and bring us back the cliffs notes version.

I do think BPL should go to the show and give us an update on some items of interest to Ultra lighters.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

I went once to the European Outdoor Fair in Friedrichshafen and directly afterwards rode to the start of our 11-day backpackingtrip. The trip was by far the nicest of the two.

James Arriola
    BPL Member

@ravs4fun

Locale: Desert Southwest

I will be there with the Boy Scouts of America.  I am really looking forward to the summer show and seeing some cool stuff at the show.  I will be there the last 3 days before taking my family to Yellowstone National Park for a week on our family vacation.  The last day for me is the best since a lot of companies will sell some of their gear.  Bring your cash just in case.

Andrea, just look for a guy from Las Vegas wearing a Boy Scout uniform as there are not many of us at the OR show if you want to meet up.

James Arriola
    BPL Member

@ravs4fun

Locale: Desert Southwest

I will be there with the Boy Scouts of America.  I am really looking forward to the summer show and seeing some cool stuff at the show.  I will be there the last 3 days before taking my family to Yellowstone National Park for a week on our family vacation.  The last day for me is the best since a lot of companies will sell some of their gear.  Bring your cash just in case.

Andrea, just look for a guy from Las Vegas wearing a Boy Scout uniform as there are not many of us at the OR show if you want to meet up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools