Topic

New foam Sawyer filters – unreleased

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New foam Sawyer filters – unreleased

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rob P
    BPL Member

@whereamiimlost

Locale: SoCal

I’m interested to see how these pan out when they are released:

https://sawyer.com/foam-filters/

With differing levels of filtration and one that offers filtration of heavy metals and viruses they look to have a wide span of uses.  With what seems like a unique Sawyer branded bottle needed, and hopefully a stronger water flow, this could give the BeFree a run for its money.

In any case, I’m pretty happy they took out the 1,000,000 gallons of water filtration limit they had marketed with the squeeze and attached a more realistic number to these products.

Seth R
    BPL Member

@lerxst

Locale: Northeast

Interesting. Going to be hard to beat the BeFree for speed and convenience. My Sawyer mini is collecting dust.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@whereamiimlost

Yeah – same here.  I lend my Sawyer mini if I go hiking with someone that doesn’t get out much.  However, I have to think that Sawyer realizes it’s sitting on a product with a shortened lifespan due to the BeFree.  This has to be their answer to that.

I can’t imagine needing a filter that takes out heavy metals and viruses unless I’m a soldier across seas or visiting a developed country with no store carrying water bottles, but I guess it’s a nice option to have for either of those times.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Rob P
    BPL Member

@whereamiimlost

whoops – did not see that.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

I can’t imagine needing a filter that takes out heavy metals and viruses unless I’m a soldier across seas or visiting a developed country with no store carrying water bottles, but I guess it’s a nice option to have for either of those times.

I wouldn’t mind a filter that gets heavy metals even in PA. There’s no way of knowing what was standing on the ground under that pristine-looking bit of forest. The trees are younger than the mining/industrial age and older than the EPA.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I thought the million gallon claim was removed for awhile from the squeeze, but now it is on their website photo.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Now Lifetime guaranteed

https://sawyer.com/lifetime-warranty/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools