Topic

Looking for Video Footage

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Looking for Video Footage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

I originally posted this in “Chaff”, but someone recommended I post it here as well, so forgive me for the repost…

I am looking for video footage of a wide variety of outdoor activities. I have backpacking covered, but I am looking for cycling, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, packrafting, climbing, etc. Basically anything human-powered in the outdoors. Just small clips, less than 30 sec is fine. Does anyone have any they would be willing to share?

The footage will be used for making a short promotional ad on YouTube for a project I am working on. I don’t have money to pay, the project is ultra-low budget, funded with my blood, sweat, and tears, but I am happy to give you credit and link back to a website, blog, facebook page, or whatever.

I will not provide details of the project here, as I don’t want it to be construed as attempting to promote my stuff. If you send me a private message though, I am happy to fill you in on the details. We could then talk about how I might be able to credit you for your contribution.

Bri W
    BPL Member

@bwrightback

I’ve got lots of footage of me mountain unicycling and fat tire unicycling on the beach. PM me if you want me to email you any of that. :)

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Send me a Gmail address and I’ll share some stuff.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Will this project of yours be sold for profit or will it be made accessible for free? I think that is an important thing to disclose when people are offering their footage to you for free.

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

Justin, for more details on the project, you can check out this BPL thread where I announced it in August. In short, to answer your question, the project is free with future commercial aspects planned. As I said above, I am happy to talk details offline via email/PM.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools