Topic

Looking for pics of a Cuben MLD Cricket w/porch pitched low

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for pics of a Cuben MLD Cricket w/porch pitched low

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

I have been in a funk trying to find the perfect one person shelter for my needs. I have looked at the cricket for a while but have never seen one in real life. I have surfed the web to no avail looking for a picture of a MLD Cuben Cricket with the front pitched low for bad weather. Does anyone have a pic so I can see if would work for me. I know the silnylon version can but thats not what I’m looking for. Thanks

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Here’s my Cuben one after getting it April 2017 pitched low (no extensions on either pole).

So I have the newer model (2017) in DCF/Cuben but don’t really think the porch can really go down significantly unless letting it flap.

It’s a pretty big shelter (basically a XL Solomid), and this is the first “vestibule” I can sorta hunch- stand in at 6 ft tall with
    no extensions
    on the poles (no moves up, just slide off any jacket)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades
    KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

Thanks Guys, Doug in that thread the pic of the cubes cricket pitched low, is there a lot of loose fabric or is it petty taunt? BTW thats pitched very low did not think it could be done with the cubes version. Thanks

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Kurt, I think it was fairly taut, but I don’t remember, that was quite some time ago and my old brain isn’t that good on the memory front.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Gonna have to try that alternative pitch out.  Early summer Los Angeles didn’t really give me motivation to try a storm pitch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools