Topic

Has anyone purchased from Wolf MTN Gear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Has anyone purchased from Wolf MTN Gear?

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Can you answer Nathan’s question about why you made that concession?

Shane s
    BPL Member

@sanbo77-2

Kat What are you refering to? Please help me understand i have made a statement on here concerning this and Lawson is good with every per our email conversation and phone call.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Was just a couple posts back but…here :

“Hi Shane, did you ever sell reflective cord branded as Lawson’s that wasn’t actually Lawson’s?

Lawson said “He also said that if there was anything sold that wasn’t my cord he would buy the cord from me and send it to any customers that got the wrong stuff.”

Why would you make this concession otherwise?”

Shane s
    BPL Member

@sanbo77-2

As i have stated everything that i sold was lawson cord but from a thrid party vendor. He just want to make sure so i sent him invoices showing where it was his cord. That is the only line that we have used or sold up to this point. Going forward we are looking for other options as he isnt selling it whole sale at this time. As i have stated also everything is good between Lawson and my self we spoke in great length on the phone and via email last night. Thank You!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Shane,

I am good as long as no one reports that you sold them cord marketed as mine, that wasn’t mine.  And pay people back.  Your giving cottage gear makers a bad name.

*I edited this post.

Kathy H
    Spectator

@kjhikes-2

Lawson….love your cord, and have a bunch of it!

Regarding the logo from 2014, the original graphic designer said Shane was never authorized to use it.  It was designed for a different company.  I sure as hell know I have never been paid for the logo I did for him, amongst the other money he owes me that he has never paid.

As to the other people waiting for orders from August still, I have been in contact with 2 more, so only 2 people who have never received orders from August is a lie.  BTW, they are waiting for refunds which they have never received, which is against the law.

Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to the many complaints out there, the fact that several people are alledging he gave them fake tracking numbers for shipments that never went out, the fact that he is violating credit card terms of agreement by first posting fake addresses, and then removing the address entirely.  And in case anyone is interested, the entity who said his address was fake was the post office.

Diana R
    BPL Member

@dross74

Thanks for the link.

Shannon finally responded to me 2 days ago and said that I’d get my refund by the end of business today. As the hours listed on his FB page say Wolf MTN is now closed and there is no money in my Paypal account (color me surprised), I’ve gone ahead and filed the complaint with the FTC.

I’m really over this whole fiasco. I don’t believe a word out of Wolf MTN or Shannon Sanborn.

Kathy H
    Spectator

@kjhikes-2

Diana R – That is his typical method of operating, from what I have heard from other people.  It is actually illegal to not give you the refund, so hopefully, the FTC complaint will help.  He says that he only had 2 people left who hadn’t been refunded, but I have been in contact with 5.  Feel free to message me if you would like some other suggestions.  I have lots of options for you, and am compiling evidence for a legal action.

Tim P
    BPL Member

@empacador

I promised an update.  I never received my quilt, which disappoints me greatly.  I wanted to get a nice, new quilt.  I wanted to help a fledgling business.  My bank helped me get my money back.

Kathy H
    Spectator

@kjhikes-2

I have been in contact with a total of over 20 people, all who have similar stories regarding Shannon Sanborn/Wolf Mtn Gear.  Some are suppliers who you have probably ordered from if you make your own gear.  Many are well-respected members of the backpacking community.  The amount of money I count up that he now owes people is over $10k

In addition, I received a “settlement” email from Shannon Sanborn, who acknowledges he owes me the money, and says he will send his real address and settle his debt to me, once I stop posting about him.

Unfortunately, I know of several other people who received the exact same settlement email.  He has not settled with any of them.  He promises to pay if everyone will stop posting negative comments, and will give him a good rating, but then stalls on the payment.  Some of these people fell for it, then once again, never received the money he owed them.  At this point, a lot of these people are talking to each other and comparing notes.  They are filing complaints with both the Maryland and Pennsylvania State Attorney General’s office, as he has used over 4 different addresses, (2 of which were proven fake).

Many fell for his story of “I was learning and got overhwhelmed”, and “my printer bit the dust”, and, “my mother died” (he used that excuse back in June), and “it was lost in the mail”, and….and… you get the picture.  It’s always another round of excuses for why he refuses to meet his legal and moral obligations.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

“and says he will send his real address and settle his debt to me, once I stop posting about him.“   That’s not how it works on Planet Reality.

Kathy H
    Spectator

@kjhikes-2

Ken T – right?  Sorry if he has no idea what the law is, or how to be a decent human being, but if he thinks we are going to fall for that, he has another thing coming.

Funny how he sent the same form letter to all of us.  I do know of someone that he actually signed a contract with, to repay the debt he owes them, and then of course, he has not made a single payment.

Diana R
    BPL Member

@dross74

I got a response from him through the PA Atty Gen stating that my quilt was a custom order and his policy is not to give refunds on those. Even though he did not actually make what I ordered (the extra wide quilt), but because it was in the color I wanted, it didn’t qualify for refund.

I am preparing all my documentation for the attorney now. It goes out in tomorrow’s mail. If anyone needs the businesses address to file a legitimate complaint, speak up and I’ll see that it happens.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools