Topic

FS: Zpacks Triplex

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap FS: Zpacks Triplex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Locale: West

Zpacks Triplex Drab Olive $450.00. Please excuse the multiple posts I can not figure how to attach multiple pictures to one post.

I bought this tent last year on this forum from another user for $535.00 who claimed this tent was in excellent condition with little use. The condition and the amount of use was misrepresented. I would say this tent is in moderate condition with a fair amount of use. It still has a lot of life left in it. When I received the tent it has about a 1″ tear in the stuff sack which I repair with Zpacks repair tape. The cord lock was missing from the stuff sack, which I replaced. There was a 4mm hole in the bathtub floor which I repaired with Zpacks repair tape. 6 of the guy lines where thrashed almost completely torn through. I replaced thoses with the guy lines off of my duplex. I put the tent is a condition that I would be comfortable to use. I have bought many items off of this forum over several years. This was the first one that the condition was misrepresented to me. I just want to be 100% honest with the condition of this tent. My duplex has approximately 40-50 nights on it. The fabric is still shiny. The fabric on this Triplex is dull compared to my duplex, that is how I can tell is has more use. It also has some sap stuck to the outside in various places. 

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Hole bathtub floor

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Outside of hole repair bathtub floor

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Stuff sack and repair to stuff sack

Craig M
    BPL Member

@craig1969

That is really unfortunate John, sorry to hear.  Can you share any details like year/model, thickness, etc?

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Did not get the any info from the seller. I bought it in haste due to a fast approaching trip last year. We ended up cancelling trip due to fires. So I never got to use the tent. If I were to guess I would say it was a 2017??? It is the .55 material, but I think they may have been using .51 back then.

A few more details I got asked in a pm. Bug screen is in perfect condition. No tears, holes or snags. The stake loops are secure and not coming loose.

Price includes shipping to CONUS

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Price drop $425.00 including shipping CONUS

Al G
    BPL Member

@alg

Sorry to hear about your experience. Wish there were clear definitions on what constitutes “like new” vs “excellent”… I ran into the same issue. I was fortunate being able to quickly sell it and move on. I hope same outcome for you. Thanks for your transparency.

Jeff P
    BPL Member

@jpride

I’m interested in your tent.

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Sold pending funds

John L
    Spectator

@little-john

Sold

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!