- Oct 15, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3614129
Price includes shipping cost. PPFF or Venmo. Please add the 4% fee if you prefer a Paypal goods transaction.
– Italian Made Fabiano Midweight Hiking Boots – Men’s 9 Narrow, Women’s 10/10.5
Fabiano has long been associated with Scarpa. According to commentary on Trailspace in March 2007:
“Fabiano started as an outgrowth of a shoe repair shop in Boston. The founder was an Italian immigrant bootmaker. He designed a series of boots, mostly leather, that were fabricated to his specifications in Italy, by Scarpa.”
– Midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot.
– 1 piece all leather suede upper with a glove leather lining. The uppers are without scratches, digs or wear and look in “mint” condition. They haven’t even been “Snow Sealed”.
– Littleway sole attachment with the heels glued and screwed.
– At the toe, the sole was slightly separated but felt solid and stable. I couldn’t pry it open further just with my hands. However, several persons were concerned about the potential for further de-lamination and I agreed that it was certainly possible. Taking direction from Steve Komito, local Estes Park, CO boot repairman and climbing shoe re-soler, I am re-posting now with the tips of the soles glued and screwed down. In the photo’s, you will see that I decided not to wipe off the adhesive that was squeezed out as the screws were tightened down. I feel that this further reinforces the repair. Adhesive was also applied to the screws to prevent loosening.
– Alps Fabiano Extra lug soles with possibly 75% remaining life. Boots may be resoled.
– The boots stitching and the lacing hooks are in excellent shape.
– Weight is 3lbs 5oz a pair.
Lowa All Leather Midweight Hiking Boots – Womens/Youth, US 5, EUR 36.5
Quality pair of women’s hiking boots made in Germany with leather uppers and lining. Midweight with a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot. Label on tongue indicating narrow width. In very good used condition with likely 90% life remaining on the soles and no uneven wear. 2lbs, 15oz for the pair. Lowa boots last and last and can be resoled. Asking $90.00.
Women’s Lowa Renegade III Leather Lined Low Top – Size 7. A non-Goretex leather lined version of the GTX Low. Multi-function trail shoe design. Hike, scramble, travel, casual. Nubuck leather with Cordura trim. Glove leather lined. Weight is 700 grams. Near new, my friend wore them a couple of times. Asking $75.00.
– Men’s Montrail Very Stiff Backpacking and Mountain Boot – Size 9, EUR 42.5
Semi-rigid heavy duty boots with stiff shanks that can be flexed just the slightest by hand at the ball of the foot. Good for rough terrain, providing support for heavier loads and with crampons for snow couloirs, glacial travel and icy rock gullies. Use with strap-on crampons such as Petzl Vasak with Flexlock bindings or older, full strap-on SMC’s. Pair with rigid crampons for easy to moderate ice climbing.
– Vibram deep lug sole with next to no wear.
– Cambrelle lining that is clean and near new in appearance.
– Rubber toe rand.
– Separate outer tongue gusset helps to keep out water and debris.
– Full grain, rough-out leather.
– Size US 9, Eur 42.5. To help with sizing, the inside measurement of the foot bed, toe to heel is 10&1/8 inches. This is with the tape right on the insole of the left shoe and to where the removable insole at the heel begins its upward turn. Compare with your current footwear.
– Weight is 2 lbs, 1 oz per boot.
Women’s Montrail Leather Hiking Boots – Size 9
Mid-weight boot with a sole that can be flexed by hand at the ball of foot. Full leather outer with Chambrelle wicking liner. Vibram sole, scree collar, full rand and tongue gusset. Weigh 2lbs 11 oz. Very lightly used with nearly no wear on the soles. Interior lining looks practically new. Was $85.00, now asking $65.00.
Pair of Aku Italian Made Leather Hiking Boots – Women’s 6.5, Men’s 5
Fairly stiff midweight plus hiking/back packing boots. Full grain leather outer with a leather lining. A stout boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot. One piece upper, tongue gusset and deep lug Vibram soles. Suitable for use with a flexible, strap-on crampon for 3 season glacier travel. Weight is 3 and 1/4 pounds per pair. Used on a couple of day hikes, near new. Asking $85.00.
Vasque Leather Sundowner Hiking Boots – Size 7.5 – Labeling does not specify gender.
Long a mainstay for Appalachian Trail thru hikers and the National Park Service. These are the originals, made in Italy with a full grain leather outer and wicking Chambrelle lining.
– A female friend whom normally wears a 7.5 tried them on with a mid-weight hiking sock and they fit. Length of the removable insole is 9.5″. This is from the center of tip to a point where the insole begins the upward curve into the lower heel cup. Length of outsole including the rocker at the heel is 10 and 3/4″. This is strictly the sole and not including the thickness of the toe rand which extends a bit further
– Mid-weight boot with a sole that can be flexed by hand at the ball of foot.
– Waterproof/breathable Goretex membrane.
– In very good used condition. The Vibram Skywalk sole has much remaining life and is not worn unevenly at the heel. Interior lining shows very little wear. Its a very durable boot and if the upper is cared for they will last for resoling. Any Red Wing shoe store will condition the uppers on the spot, without charge.
– Boots weigh 2lbs 9oz.
La Sportiva Women’s Mountain Running Shoes – Size 10 USA
Model is the Busido with friction rubber soles, mesh and synthetic suede uppers. Excellent lightly used condition. No significant wear on the soles and the interior is without worn spots. Asking $28.00.
Some of the “for sale” items I post on BackpackingLight are from my use. I also acquire outdoor gear, clothing and books from various sources for resale to help with my retirement income. I endeavor to locate and bring to the market “the best of used” at reasonable prices. Sometimes I list as a service to others, usually for those without computer skills. When possible, I make repairs to keep equipment in use and out of the landfills.Nov 8, 2019 at 3:44 pm #3617777
Size 5 Lowa Boots have been sold.
Take $5.00 off of any pair.Dec 8, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3622042
Lowa All Leather Midweight Hiking Boots
Women’s Montrail Leather Hiking Boots
Men’s Montrail Very Stiff Backpacking and Mountain Boot – Size 9, EUR 42.5.
Lowered to $105.00 shipped.Apr 3, 2020 at 8:35 am #3639451
La Sportiva Women’s Mountain Running Shoes
– Italian Made Fabiano Midweight Hiking Boots – Now at $55.00
– Aku Italian Made Leather Hiking Boots – Now at $75.00.
– Men’s Montrail Very Stiff Backpacking and Mountain Boot – Now at $95.00May 22, 2020 at 1:38 pm #3648625
Men’s Montrail Very Stiff Backpacking and Mountain Boot
Vasque Leather Sundowner Hiking Boots
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.