FS: NEW REI Magma Hooded Down Jacket MEDIUM 850 fill
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3614236
Got this hooded down jacket last year before REI stopped making it and have only worn it once around town. In perfect condition. Great 850 down jacket with adjustable hood. Size Medium is a regular size medium, not athletic fit. I’m 6’0, 165 and it fits perfectly with room to layer a baselayer and R1 fleece. Pertex diamond fuse fabric is soft and water resistant. around 13oz.
Please see next post for more details.Oct 16, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3614237
Here is what REI says:
- 850-fill-power goose down insulation provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio and compacts so easily you can pack the hoodie into its own left-hand pocket for storage
- Goose down boasts a durable water repellent (DWR) treatment so it repels water and dries fast to keep insulating
- Variable baffles map insulation to the body, providing warmth where it’s needed and reduced bulk where it’s not
- Pertex® Diamond Fuse fabric’s diamond-shaped filaments lock together to make a very abrasion-resistant shell; durable water repellent (DWR) finish sheds light moisture
- Down-filled hood with rear adjustment lets you fine-tune the fit
- Shoulder seams are rolled forward to prevent chafing under pack straps
- Tightly quilted underarm gussets reduce bulk, improve range of motion and prevent jacket hiking at the waist
- Elastic cuffs and drawcord hem help seal in warmth
- Zip hand and chest pockets are positioned to be compatible with a pack’s hipbelt
SIZE MEDIUM SPECS: 38-41 chest, 32-34 waist, 34 sleeve, 38-40 hip
Retailed for $219 before they stopped making it. How about 140 shipped?Oct 18, 2019 at 4:29 pm #3614476
reduced to $135 shippedDec 12, 2019 at 12:01 am #3622441
final price reduction to $125 before going to ebayDec 12, 2019 at 8:22 pm #3622555
- The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
August 4 @ 5:30 PM US MDT: Member Q&A • Backcountry Photography & Cameras
Our Community Posts are Moderated
Backpacking Light community posts are moderated and here to foster helpful and positive discussions about lightweight backpacking. Please be mindful of our values and boundaries and review our Community Guidelines prior to posting.