Topic

Fit Advice New Balance Leadville

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fit Advice New Balance Leadville

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Coyle
    Spectator

@brows

Locale: Northern California

About six months ago I bought a pair of New Balance Leadville 1210v2 (version 2) shoes and I have been very happy with them except for one thing. They run true to size in length, but not width. According to the Brannock device in the shoe store, my feet are a normal D width, but my D width Leadvilles pinched my little toe on my left foot slightly. I keep the shoes and solved the problem by using the ultralight wool blend hiking socks from REI which are very thin. The other day I purchased a pair of Version 3 Leadvilles, but this time I ordered the 2ee width which fit me better in width. So I would say this. Consider the D width Leadvilles for narrow feet only. the 2ee Leadvilles for normal width feet, and the 4ee Leadvilles for wide feet. The v3 version Leadville has some cosmetic differences over its predecessors, but is basically the same shoe. I think the eyelet arrangement of the v3 version is improved especially at the top. Also The pattern of the Vibram v3 soles is different, but I haven’t noticed any difference on the trail. A nice overall shoe for lightweight hiking and backpacking.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Thanks John.
    We have reviewed the V1 and v2 versions of the Leadville, and I found that the 4E fittings were fine for us, but we can’t take the 2E width.
    I would love to do an official review of the V3s, but NB have really pulled back on their review samples. (BOTHER!)

Cheers

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

Trying the v3 shoes now.  Much roomier toe box versus the Hoka One One Rapa Nui shoes I’ve been using for hiking.  Still very cushy and I think more stable for me.

I’m wearing a 9.5D and if anything the heel is looser than I’d like.  I wear custom orthotics to control overpronation, and I wear my casual shoes looser and larger than I did pre-orthotics.  These will either be great aweful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools