Topic

First Gen Zpacks Arc Blast with load lifters

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) First Gen Zpacks Arc Blast with load lifters

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Swider
    Spectator

@sbslider

Locale: Santa Barbara

<div>I recently purchased a first gen 52 L Arc Blast with load lifters (arrives tomorrow).  I have been reading that people have had issues with the shoulder straps hurting their shoulders with loads above 25#.  The reviewers have shown packs without the load lifter option available.  My experience with other packs is that the load lifters keep most if not all the load off my shoulders and through the frame to my hips.  I realize at some point the hip belt padding limits the comfort as well, but I would think that the few gram option of load lifters would increase the pack carry rating beyond the point of where 25# hurst one shoulders.  Any one care to share their experience with the older Arc Blast with load lifters as far as comfortable load carrying goes?</div>
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I am planning on using this pack for a 10 day trip this summer and based on my current pack list and projected food load imagine I will be in the low 30 pound range at the start.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Thanks, Matt</div>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools