Topic

Electro-Osmotic Water Vapor Transport Across Membranes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Electro-Osmotic Water Vapor Transport Across Membranes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I stumbled across this the other week. Thought it was worth sharing. Marketing fluff aside, independant testing claims a significant increase (3.5x) more vapor transport than the highest rated “passive” membranes.

https://ashwin-ushas.com/emerging-technologies/electro-osmotic-water-vapor-transport-across-membranes/

Still, I’m a huge fan of plain ole convective ventilation, whis is still the best way to remove excess moisture. I’m also rather skeptical of subjecting myself to an electrical current during a downpour, unless I’m strolling through a cloud of VX gas, as the product implies.

But, as GPS has shown us, keeping an eye on what the military is testing is a foreshadow of what is yet to emerge in the outdoor equipment industry.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools