Topic

Breathable fabric Duomid XL inner?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Breathable fabric Duomid XL inner?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sam H
    BPL Member

@samhenson

Locale: The North

More That Ooaknests is apparently a thing of the past, it’s there anyplace to order one of these? Would ideally like the 3/4 footprint/pole outside of inner like the mesh Duomid XL inner.

Sam H
    BPL Member

@samhenson

Now that Ooaknests****

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

John at Bearpaw can hook you up with something.  He tends to work with 1.1oz so you may have to see if he would source something lighter like .67 or .9 if you want lighter and more compact.  I am finding compact size is becoming almost as important as weight.  He created a custom solid partial inner for a Golite SL3 that was pretty sweet.  Ultimately I moved to something more simple for my rarely used winter shelter.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You mean Oookworks

http://oookworks.com

Sam H
    BPL Member

@samhenson

Yeah, Oookworks is right. In my head it’s one of a kind, but that’s not right. I read a post on here that said he’d stopped making them? They’re spendy, but look incredibly well made, and look perfect for my needs.

Arne L.
    BPL Member

@arnel

Locale: Europe

Yeah, Oookworks is right. In my head it’s one of a kind, but that’s not right. I read a post on here that said he’d stopped making them? They’re spendy, but look incredibly well made, and look perfect for my needs.

As far as I know, Sean is still making them.

He’s had some really bad problems in the past, but currently he’s doing a much better job at finishing his orders.

If you want more information on the current state of Oookworks, ask around at TrekLite, a British lightweight-backpacking forum.

A lot of members there have experience dealing with Sean/Oookworks, some know him personally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools