Topic

Black Diamond Customer Service cheers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Black Diamond Customer Service cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

It’s always nice to encounter a customer friendly customer service process.  It isn’t always the thing I am thinking about when buying gear, but like insurance, it’s nice to have when you need it.

I started using hiking poles a little over a year ago and picked up a pair of BD Distance FL Z-poles that have served well for the 5 or so trips thus far until lately when one of the inner sleeves between the Z sections came loose and started moving up into the upper section.  In turn, this caused the pole section to no longer stay together.  I emailed BD asking the preferred method I should go about fixing them, knowing that they were likely outside the warranty time frame.  Their initial response was that I should open a warranty request so I did describing the issue and including a photo of the separated sleeve section.  I received two emails several days later – ‘your case is being looked at’ and then minutes after that ‘a replacement order has been placed and will ship shortly’.  A couple more days and I had a brand new current version Distance FLZ Z-poles at my doorstep!

Kudos to the customer service team at Black Diamond Equipment and thanks to CSRs Haley and Eric from one happy camper.  Thought I would share…

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Always nice to hear – thanks for posting.

Jesse Anderson
    BPL Member

@jeepin05

Locale: Land of Enchantment

I had a similar experience a while back. I’ve had a set of frontpoint gaiters for years. I went through some pretty rocky terrain once and sliced up the instep strap pretty bad. I contacted them about getting some repairs done. They responded by explaining that repairs weren’t really possible, and within a couple of days the new ones were on their way, no questions asked. In essence they replaced an old item because a wear prone component wore out. The level of service was pretty awesome and will certainly help sway my decision making in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools