Home › Forums › Administration & Support › Website: Bug Reports, Feature Requests, Known Issues, and Changelog › FEATURE REQUEST: Increase forum photo upload file size limit
- Oct 8, 2017 at 1:24 pm #3495457
Mac OS –
- Double-click the image file to open in Preview (or right-click the file and choose Open With | Preview).
- From the menus, select Tools | Adjust Size…
- Leave Scale proportionally selected and simply adjust the Width. Notice that as you do so the Resulting size is recalculated on the fly.
There are a number of editing tools in the native Photos application, including Crop, but there does not appear to be a strict image resize. The are however many apps in the App Store with prices ranging from free (with ads…of course) on up.
A (much) less convenient way to do this is to email the photo to yourself:
Oct 8, 2017 at 2:52 pm #3495470
- In Photos, view the image by tapping on it.
- Tap the share icon and choose Email
- Address the email to yourself
- When you tap Send, you will see a dialog that allows you to select from some preselected sizes.
Ken T.BPL Member
It was so nice to be able to post without the extra steps and loss of image quality though.
Still plenty of things to do.
The impact is clearly visible with the less amounts of photos posted. Just look at Gear Swap and trip reports.Oct 8, 2017 at 7:01 pm #3495501
^^^^ yes Trip Reports suffered greatly from the image quality downgrade. Why bother posting a crappy version of what once was a great shot…Oct 8, 2017 at 8:31 pm #3495515
Agree with Ken and Katharina…its all just work-arounds, complication, extra effort and reduced value.Dec 8, 2017 at 7:21 pm #3506252
@ryanLocale: Northern Rocky Mountains
This feature request has already been incorporated into the next release, which features a new photo uploader, so closing this issue.
The topic ‘FEATURE REQUEST: Increase forum photo upload file size limit’ is closed to new replies.