Topic

The Berghaus vapourlite hypertherm jacket/smock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The Berghaus vapourlite hypertherm jacket/smock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lizz Roe
    BPL Member

@rebelgirluk

Locale: Cardiff

I've just treated my self to this rather nice new thingy from Beghaus – a double sided jacket one cooler one warmer. It's mainly so I can stop carrying a weighty hard shell, and a poncho and a windshirt and a long sleeved thermal and a short sleeved tee and a down jacket or vest.

You might have read about it last year cos it hit the shows and so forth. At first It was just made in a smock design for men, but there is now a women's jacket.

So I'm having a few trial runs with it (thermal t underneath, and rain poncho in readiness). And we'll see how it does. Watch this space, or maybe I should put that on another thread.

Have any of you tried it out? If so what do you reckon? I've paid out my ££ already, I got it £35 off so that was good, and I don't mind trying things when they are new.

I've been trying to work the layering thing – but you know I'm a middle aged woman and power surges are beginning to be a thing (hot flashes is what they used to be called but I'll go with power surge), so it can be rather tricky, any women out there got suggestions?

Back to the Berghaus, I don't tend to think of them as being good on weight but then most of my Berghaus gear – Goretex, climbing sack (the rockstar), and ladies 55L rucksack with add on pockets, are about 25 years old. Actually my favourite back pack is older than my colleagues at work!

So, what's your favourite bit of kit that isn't light? And the Berghaus – any horror or happy stories?

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

This is BPL's review of the Hypertherm.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Berghaus was heavily stocked in outdoor shops in Ireland when I was younger so I have had lots of their kit, years ago it was heavy and bomber but now some of it is very light, the only issue is that in the UK a lot of chavs love the brand.

Lizz Roe
    BPL Member

@rebelgirluk

Brilliant thank you I'd looked for a review but couldn't find it, thank you so much, and it's affirmed my purchase decision which is fantastic.

Lizz Roe
    BPL Member

@rebelgirluk

No! A chav thing? Well, drat… I had a nice encounter with a guy collecting money yesterday who said 'hey we're from the same haus' let's share cash!' He had a Berghaus fleece on… Made me smile. I thought it was only North face and that other puffy waistcoat maker who were chav… I'm so out of touch! Or maybe my gear gets me cred points, does it count if it's utterly accidental?

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

:-)

Ha, it's the TNF Nupste Puffys that's the Chavs love, as well as Berghaus Mera Peak Goretex jackets.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Rick,

I am surprised you have not heard the term chav in London.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools