Topic

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men’s toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white which aids in finding stuff inside. Bathtub bottom so you can set it down on a wet surface.

The great thing about this bag is the easy access to the contents by opening the zipper. No more dumping out the contents of your small ditty bag to get at that one item you need that invariably migrates to the bottom of your bag.

The XXS size is the most usefull for the ultralighter. I like to use it as a ditty bag to put all those smaller miscellanous item.

4 out of 5 points due to the heavier weight compared to a lighter stuff sack. The XXS size weighs 1 oz, so about 1/2 oz heavier than an equivalent size silnylon stuff sack but the convenience factor makes the extra 1/2 oz worthwile.

Glenn Roberts

@garkjr

Locale: Southwestern Ohio

I use several of these, too – the XXS is the most useful, though I use an XS for my kitchen. It holds a weekend’s worth of food, plus an Everlight .9L pot with stove inside. I’ve also used a pair of XS as makeshift side pockets for my Virga pack on a weeklong trip where bulk, not weight, was the problem. After a couple of day’s food was gone, everything fit inside again, and the stuff sacks became stuff sacks again. The weight is definitely worth the convenience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools