Topic

3 season gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 3 season gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adam G
    BPL Member

@adamg

I posted my gear list a while ago with some great comments, and I've made many of the suggested changes. I've been slowly refining my list, and I've come down to this
    gear list. I think it's time for a revisit. Any suggestions on how to cut down a bit of weight? My goal is to use this as a 3 season gear list, ideally for something like a PCT thru hike.

Comments
    * The shelter could be lighter if I switched to cuben fiber (too expensive at this time) or a tarp (not quite ready for that)
    * The pack needs to be bear canister compatible and should be able to haul a lot of water in the desert. I'm thinking 35-40 lbs max load. I'm thinking about switching the Catalyst out for the SMD Fusion 65 mainly due to fit issues
    * I have a very light alcohol stove, but it's been banned on large sections of the PCT so I've resigned myself to a canister stove for at least the first half
    * I'm considering a CCF pad, but I have yet to test it out for comfort
    * The first aid kit is admittedly heavy. I've been negotiating with the significant other on reducing it, but she is uncomfortable with cutting it down further which is not worth the fight since it's our safety and comfort at stake

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools