Topic

Winter sandal footwear system?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Winter sandal footwear system?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I got a pair of the Shower’s Pass waterproof socks and I really like them and they fit by themselves but they are a bit tight when used with an average wool sock underneath them and since I bought them for cold conditions I can’t really use them for that as you are not supposed to wear tight socks when it is really cold out. I reread Will Rietveld and Janet Reichl’s article on a Winter Footwear system and I think I need something like the the Tyvek overboots/covers for my feet because I would like to use them with a two sock and Chaco sandal combination. I don’t fit any of the WPB socks or overboots that I have seen yet. Any other suggestions?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Brett,

I use seam sealed thin neoprene diver's sox over thin poly liner socks for my VBL. Regular urethane tent seam sealer works well.

This has proven very good over many years of both hunting and winter travel and camping. My felt packs or Scarpa 3 back country ski boot liner have Never been wet when using this system.

PM me if you need more info.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

That is good to know but I am not using boots.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools