Topic

Gear Swap Search Engines

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap Gear Swap Search Engines

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    matthew k

@matthewkphx

I miss getawaygear.

Ryan Litwiller
    BPL Member

@ryanlitwiller

Locale: Michigan

Hey folks, I know getawaygear has been down for some time, but its back up the classifieds search can be found at https://www.getawaygear.com/bpl/.

Carol W
    BPL Member

@tgaero

Locale: pacific northwest

I too have problems getting on to the getaway site; half the days it doesn’t work for long stretches.  LWhiker doesn’t seem to have up to date information- when I look on backpackinglight webstie gear swap there are recent things listed there tha aren’t on the LWhiker search results.  

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

503 error with Getaway.

Really upset that our Gear Swap histories have been wiped from our profile.

Just keep making it harder to find stuff. Awesome.

M F
    BPL Member

@implicated

Locale: Western Sierra

Hey Carol!

I’m the guy behind lwhiker and I’m not seeing any issues regarding the posts being up to date. In an attempt to keep things friendly with the BPL servers we only check for new posts every few hours – so anything that’s between 2-3 hours new on BPL will potentially not be picked up by lwhiker yet. Also keep in mind that lwhiker goes by the date a thread was _posted_ – so what’s on the front page of BPL isn’t what will be on the most recent posts on lwhiker due to older threads on BPL being “bumped” to the top of BPL via comments – they’ll not be updated on lwhiker.

Please, if you do find examples of posts on BPL that aren’t making to to lwhiker – feel free to reach out! (Either here or via the support email on lwhiker.com)

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!