Topic

Looking for a tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for a tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Conor Bury
    Spectator

@cbtiger

Locale: Southeast

I'm looking for a silnylon, square (9×9 to 10×10) tarp with multiple tie out points. I've been looking all over for one, but all I can seem to find is rectangular silnylon tarps. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I am looking for? Also, why does there seem to be an abundance of rectangular tarps and a shortage of square tarps?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Oware has you covered.

http://shop.bivysack.com/FlatTarp-TM_c6.htm

People are taller than they are wide usually. Hence rectangles.

Why squares are not more popular is a mystery to me. So versatile.

Conor Bury
    Spectator

@cbtiger

Locale: Southeast

Wow, exactly what I was looking for, thanks! The versatility is why I'm going for a square tarp. I hear you can have so many more different configurations as opposed to rectangular.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You're welcome. Dave makes a quality product. You won't be disappointed.

bjc
    BPL Member

@bj-clark-2-2

Locale: Colorado

I'm sure John at Bearpaw will make you any size you want. He seems to also have the most standard tieouts of anyone.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Even though it cost a king's ransom, the HMG 8.5 X 8.5 is very light, durable and it comes with a whole bunch of BONDED tie-outs.

I know you said silnylon, but what the heck, the cuben would be about 7 oz lighter.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

Borah Gear. $95 for 9×9. Five tie outs per side. I'm sure they would add additional tie outs if requested.

Robb Watts
    BPL Member

@rwatts

Locale: Western PA

http://shop.bivysack.com/FlatTarp25-9×9-1TarpFlat-25-9×9.htm

Posted in Gear Deals.

I have a 10 x 14 tarp form Dave that has been tortured for many years and it's still kicking.
    It remains my favorite shelter by far and I have a Trailstar, a Duomid, a Lunar Duo, a Grace Solo…(my gear problem used to be coats).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools