Topic

Anyone have experience with these gloves / mitts? OR Metamorph Mittens & Marmot Basic Work Glove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone have experience with these gloves / mitts? OR Metamorph Mittens & Marmot Basic Work Glove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

Locale: Western NC Mtns

I just bought these from Backcountry using their 20% off for the OR mitts and the Marmots were on-sale, mainly got them to get free shipping.
    I plan to use the OR mitts as kind of a liner mitt so I can quickly have dexterity if need be and then eventually get a down or synthetic mitt to go over them.

Just curios what anyone thinks about them. They seemed to both be reviewed good.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

My wife and I use and love the metamorphs. They are pretty warm for the fabric for us. I attribute it to the mitten design, as I'm used to gloves. Anyway. The long gauntlet is nice to keep the ol wrists warm. The magnets aren't crazy strong so when I'm cooking or something and I don't want them flopping I tuck them in. It's really nice to be able to use your bare thumb as these allow you to expose your thumb. Lighters, opening things (packages of food), pinching my wife's ass…

They make a big difference to us. We used to use wrist gaiters and gloves and these dial it in a bit better.

If the marmot gloves are just fancy work gloves I'd just get work gloves. Get three pairs for the price of one designer pair.

Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

That's good to hear! I'm pretty excited to have a glomitt that doesn't separate my fingers. Both glomitts I have currently cut the circulation off at the knuckles in my fingers since I'm double jointed.

I'll probably end up getting some insulated mitts to go over these in the future.
    How's the fit on them? Were they fairly form fitting?

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

They are pretty form fitting. I usually end up struggling to get the long gauntlet over a base layer and a under my shell. But once it's right it's pretty nice. I've wanted to get a shell mit to go over it in the rainiest of days. I'll wear mine in the rain and they stay pretty warm relatively. Sometimes I want a shell, haven't done it yet.

Rocco Speranza
    BPL Member

@mechrock

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, that's exactly how I want them.I should be able to see mine Thanksgiving day since I shipped them to my parents house. I'll update afterwards for anyone else looking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools