Topic

ULA Circuit vs Elemental Horizons Aquilo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Circuit vs Elemental Horizons Aquilo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

ULA Circuit vs Elemental Horizons Aquilo

Which carries better in the 29-35lbs range? Which caries a bear can more comfortably? Which would you pick and why?

KJ

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I have no personal experience with elemental horizons. A review here at BPL said it was….huge. Really huge. The kalais may be a better comparison. Heard only great comments from owners .

Ive owned 3 circuits. Been totally satisfied, except would like a size between med and large.

Technically including all pockets, etc it has similar vol to circuit, about 68 L, but the main compartment is much bigger I believe.3200 vs 2400 or so.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

MB is right, the Kalais is the similar sized pack. I bought it because I felt it would carry loads better than the circuit.

Haven't carried a bear can yet but it holds one easily. I have carried 35# loads comfortably.

John Baltzell

@jbaltz

I used my Kalais on a seven day trip through the Wind River Range this summer, 95 miles wandering north to south from Green Lake to eventually Big Sandy. Pack was fantastic 28lbs total load very comfortable.

John

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

John

Was that with a bear can or no?

KJ

John Baltzell

@jbaltz

No, I decided to go without but it does fit in the pack nicely. The biggest reason I love this pack besides the quality of workmanship is it has a simple but effective pack frame which pulls the load on to the most comfortable hip belt I've ever snugged up on my hips

John

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

John

Does it end up rounding out the back pad side of the pack?

KJ

John Baltzell

@jbaltz

KJ

I have never experienced that as I just fill in around the canister with other gear.

John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools