Topic

TarpTent Virga

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews TarpTent Virga

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    STEVE ANDERSON

@sanderson

Great shelter! It is so nice to be able to get away from the skeeters and i have been through some hellatious rain storms, with not a drop of leakage. This is a great product!

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

A great shelter for those making the transition to tarp camping. 28 oz! A fairly strong shelter by it’s rights, it does require good site selection and attention to how the tarptent is positioned vis a vis the wind. It once partially blew down on me in close to 50 mph winds(bad siting due to terrain constraints in an above timberline site)—popping a stake and dropping one of the 2 trek poles used as front poles—but I easily managed to set things in order from inside the tent and w/o even getting out of my bag. This is not the application that these kind of hybrid shelters are designed for.

The tarptent is well made but tailoring of it’s cantenary cut could perhaps be a little more tailored for a tighter pitch. I rate it 4.5 out of 5.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools