Topic

Windshirt durability?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Windshirt durability?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I have wondered how long most people’s windshirts are lasting? If you used them every day for a shoulder season jacket how long do you think they would last? Thanks.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

My Houdini is going on 6 years old, still very much serviceable. I wash it and treat it w/ a DWR spray when water quits beading up. I can't tell you how many days it's been worn running, day hiking, backpacking and hunting, but it's been a bunch :)

Tim Heckel
    Spectator

@thinair

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs

Mine has a patch…. Still working fine.

Josh Yates
    BPL Member

@i-hike

Locale: East Tennesssee

I have a Marmot Driclime I bought in winter 2003/2004. It's been on pretty much every backpacking trip I've been on since (this is a lot) and been worn as a daily jacket in my normal life. The zipper finally gave out on it last year but other than that it's still in great shape.

I bought a Marot Trail Wind Hoody (similar to the driclime windshirt but without the fleece type layer) 5 or 6 years ago and it's still like new.

I know these aren't the ultra ultra light options but they are very durable.

Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

I still use an old Golite Wisp from 2007 or 2008. The only thing that's failed is the teeny-tiny zipper on the teeny-tiny pocket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools