Topic

Tarptent Double Rainbow floor max width

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent Double Rainbow floor max width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Larry De La Briandais
    BPL Member

@hitech

Locale: SF Bay Area

Can the Tarptent Double Rainbow floor be expanded? Can you un-clip it and let it lay flat, making it no longer a bath tub floor to gain extra width? I was hoping that I could squeeze three mats in one so I can use it with my wife and daughter. Also, does anyone make a mat that is less than 20" wide? My daughter is very thin and doesn't need a full 20".

Thanks.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

It is 52" with an inch or two extra a few inches away from the corners by pushing the floor down with your mat, not enough for 3x 20" mats.
    So the DR can take two 25" mats but that is about it.
    If you go to the TT Product Page and click on Compare Features , you get this page :
    http://www.tarptent.com/allproducts.html
    there you find the full specs of all the TT shelters (apart from the Double Moment)
    Under Sleeps you will see several shelters with two numbers , for example Rainbow :1+ or Strato Spire 2 :2-3
    The plus or the second number indicates that you can fit in another 20" mat (so 2 inside the Rainbow and 3 inside the SS2)

Look at the StratoSpire 2 , Cloudburst 3 or Rainshadow 2.
    (if you don't use trekking poles you can get "substitute" poles for the CB3 and RS2)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools