Topic

Sierra Designs Zissou 30 degree Dridown

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Sierra Designs Zissou 30 degree Dridown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Justin Anderson
    BPL Member

@justinhb

Beyond happy with this Zissou. I have slept hot and cold in the past, so finding a nice 3 season bag was tough. I replaced a REI Halo 25 degree bag with this one just to keep my gear fresh and add some Dridown tech for safety.

Temp rating is very accurate, maybe underrated as I've slept in sub 30 degree temps in boxers and a long sleeve without any cold spots. I should mention that I use an Xtherm air mat which gives the bag the opportunity to perform as designed. '
    The loft is around 6 inches up top, and the fill seems evenly distributed. I do throw mine in the dryer on delicate with a few tennis balls after a trip to dry and fluff which works great for all down goods.

The bag weighs in at just under 2 lbs. It packs small and the material is very soft to the touch. The colors grew on me, and we've since added two more SD Eleanor bags for the girls.

The zippers are pretty good, like every zipper I've ever had, they can get caught even though there's a nice strip of tougher nylon to prevent it. One great feature is that the men's bags zip together with the women's bags.

The bags come with a stuff sack, and a larger mesh storage sack. I only use the storage bag since I stuff my sleeping bag straight into the bottom of my ULA Circuit.

For the sale price of $160, I haven't seen anything come close. Would love a Z-packs bag, but at over $400 I will wait to wear this one out.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools