Topic

Suunto X6

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Suunto X6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Barometric altimeter, magnetic compass, easy to use and intuitive menu interface with good visual cues, small, and light.

The band is uncomfortable for long periods of wear (just replace with a cloth band) and the buttons are hard to push with gloves on, but that still makes this watch closer to a 5 than a 4 given that there doesn’t really seem to be anything else on the market that can touch it.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

this is one of the best all around altimeter/compass
    watches around,but– altimeter drifts quite a bit compared to say the Nike Alti series watches and Suunto does not support the Mac OS when using the X6’s most “gee-whiz”( but probably least used ) feature –it’s ability to download stored data onto your PC. Digital compass is surprisingly accurate
    and more so than any of the competition I’ve used.

I agree, the band needs improving.
    I would more accurately give the X-6 a 4.5 ,when all is said and done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools