Topic

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    john flanagan

@jackfl

Locale: New England

Pros
    – inexpensive
    – good weight : volume ratio
    – durable non-stick anodized finish

Con
    This pot is SLIPPERY when new…as in it slides off stove supports unless they're dead level. I had seen this mentioned and forgot about it until I experienced it three times in fairly rapid succession over the course of a couple of days, in spite of my (apparently inadequate)efforts at level placement. The problem is that it tends to be a slow creep toward capsize – in all cases the pot went over after several minutes on the stove, making it a potentially serious safty hazard.

Observation – it seemed less a problem on a stove with 4 supports (Snowpeak) than 3 (Coleman).

Fix (?) – I think that either using the pot over a fire of resinous wood or sanding the bottom of rough it up might help.

Update: Allison's post prompts an upgrade. Time and use over a resinous fire have fixed the slip. It's a great value!

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem.

I have used this pot for several years for two-person trips. The anodised finish is still in good shape, the pot has been plenty robust enough (I was worried about an aluminum pot getting dented, but it so far hasn't been a problem). Its light, its good value, and just the right size and shape for our needs. If anything ever happens to it, I will deinitely be replacing it with another identical one. Customer service is top-notch too!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools