Topic

custom Lite Trail cook Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) custom Lite Trail cook Kit

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I’ll purchase the cones from TD and the pots from Toaks. I’ll apply a supporting ridge to the pots and assemble the kit with StarLyte Burner legless BGET Burner, 1oz capacity fuel bottle with turret dispense nozzle(also fits HEET bottle ;) 1oz measure cup and a stuff sack.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Cone would fit in the pot right?

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Yes, cone will fit in the pot horizontally Once I get a pot and cone I’ll know what else will fit in.

Michael
    BPL Member

@tjayblues

Interested as well.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

Hi Dan,

I would like to have one of these setups also. Let me know how much and when you would need the money.

Fred

Jameson Tisch
    Spectator

@jameson_tisch

Any option for people that already have the pot and stove?

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

Im in for one! You know have been trying to get one for a while now.

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

Hi Dan Y, I have a question. At the beginning of this thread you said you would do just pot ring for x amount of $ would you still do it? Could you do it on a Toaks 600ml pot? The 600ml is different than the 550ml because the handles are up high on the pot.

How much room do you need from the handle bracket to the ring location to do the ring? I think this would be a good option for people that want handles without having to have a different cone or modifying the cone for the handles. Both pots are 95mm and the 600ml is on sale for $28.50

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

Hi Dan,

I have a pot like Kurt. I would like to know if it would be possible to put a ring on my pot also.

Thank you,

Fred Maxfield

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

I’m interested.

Aaron D
    Spectator

@ardavis324-2-2-2

@zelph2   We’ve corresponded through PM, but if you’re keeping a tally in this thread, I’m pretty interested in one as well.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

Add me in too. I would take one,

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

So far, Toaks is not providing a “wholesale” opportunity to purchase the quantity we’re seeing here in this thread.

I may offer a DIY kit to form the supporting ridge. Working on the particulars. Will be good for most size pots with and without handles. Always did like to have “options” ;-)

The kit will also be good for those needing a way to suspend pots over a campfire No, it won’t weigh much ;-)

With such a kit you can make your own cones to fit inside your desired pots. ;-)

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Dan, I’m hoping you can offer this as a complete kit even with the non-wholesale pricing. I see that Toaks charges $33 on their site for the pot. Assuming that wholesale would mean a $16.50 discount (and $16.50 more profit for you) I still think you should figure out what price you are willing to do this for and provide a finished solution. It’s not a $90 pot… I’d be into a totally perfect, optimized solution even if it meant it costs $20 more… If I want to be cheap I will stay with my current handled 550ml Toaks Esbit setup.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

As of today, both companies are in agreement to provide parts……:-)

Have no idea when a completed kit will be available.

I’m way too busy to do custom ridgelines on other pots….sorry.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Yay!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

James, why not a lighter aluminum pot?

D S
    BPL Member

@smoke

I’m in for one of the 550 kits!!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

James, why not a lighter aluminum pot?

Which one?

I’m not James but for me, I like having the ability to boil water over a fire if need be and I don’t actually cook in my pot so Titanium is ideal for me.

Tony Campana
    BPL Member

@velodadi

Locale: Lowcountry Carolina

This thread sounds like something on Kickstarter!

Count me in!

Gregory Stein
    BPL Member

@tauneutrino

Locale: Upper Galilee

Dan, good day my friend,

I have Toaks 650 Light Titanium Pot. It has the same diameter but a bit taller (95mm vs 80mm). It weighs 80 gram versus 72 gram of Toaks 550 Liight Titanium Pot. I think 650ml pot makes more sense as 8 gram for additional 100ml is nothing. Anyways, the diameter is the same, so the Sidewinder will fit both. Maybe you’d like to reconsider 650 instead of 550.

And if I send you my 650 would you make a ridgeline for it? The handles are a bit higher which will allow deeper sinking in a Sidewinder. Well, this means higher Sidewinder… Yeah sending the pot from Holy Land to USA and back for making it – looks like a crazy idea!! :)

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Hello Gregory, I’ve got a clever device that I will send to you. It installs easily to make your 650 work with a cone. Give me your mailing address in a message or send it to me at zelph3 at geemail.com

I have the pot supports(cones) and pots so now all I need is some nice weather to allow me to function in my garage workshop (non-heated) I will then start testing with esbit and alcohol to give some basic findings with this set-up. The cone fits nicely in the pot horizontally. :-)

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

:) Sounds great. I’m looking forward to these becoming available.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Exciting!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools