Topic

custom Lite Trail cook Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) custom Lite Trail cook Kit

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Rand Lindsly
    BPL Member

@randlindsly

Locale: Yosemite

Thanks Dan! We're really hammered too right now just trying to keep the standard "fare" shipping…..not a lot of cycles to do oddball custom cones right now. As to sidewinders in this size range, we do have the "standard fare" Evernew 600ml as well as the 400ml solutions on the website!

Rand :-)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Of course we, or at least I, understand Dan. I can only speak for me but the OP's kit checks a lot of boxes that I can't find anywhere else so if your two companies decided to collaborate to put this together as a bundle, I can guarantee you one customer.

Matthew H
    BPL Member

@vision-quest

Locale: Boulder, CO

Totally agree. I love the look of the 400ml setup. The small size etc.. but I just need that two cups of water. The Litetrail system is great, but adding the caldera cone for the better wind protection and alcohol = awesomeness. I think there's a big market for it. Here at least.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Just too darn sweet to pass up. If I had the tools and know-how, I would be on this and retire!
    And then I would be over-worked and depressed because I couldn't get outside. Nevermind! : )

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Instead of adding the ridge or a "beer band" to the mug, why couldn't we just use stakes? I could see how this might be problematic for alcohol stove users but wouldn't this work ok with the gram cracker?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Yet another Caldera Cone fancier.

That's my favorite ESBIT stove and winter wood stove (W/Inferno conversion kit).

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Ian B. I think that's what Dan Durston originally did. He's the pioneer of the modified cones.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

I have the lighter LT550 and I got a Ti cone – not a sidewinder – for it, and it's the most efficient set I have. I also do esbit on back and alky on top of a StarLyte stove. Fave setup ever. May need to try the fits-inside model for wolf me concerns but not likely this year.

Matthew H
    BPL Member

@vision-quest

Locale: Boulder, CO

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

I would buy this kit in a second if it ever became available. I now have a Toaks 550 pot with the Evernew companion cup sidewinder cone. I'm using stakes to hold the pot and a Brian Green Esbit Stove. It works great but wouldn't mind ditching the stakes

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Checking to see if there is still interest in a kit using the pot without handle and those interested in the pot with handle. Kit will be made to use esbit/BGET burner and the StarLyte alcohol burner.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

A Toaks 550, no handles, Caldera style cone . . . I would be very interested in that.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Dan, I’d be interested. I’m currently using the Toaks 550ml esbit setup with their foil screen, your tray stove and your wire mesh stand. I’d love to see how much more it can be optimized from there!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I WANT!

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Jennifer, you can’t have one. You have to exercise restraint. Focus on THE goal.

;)

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

beans and rice, rice and beans : )

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I KNOW!!!!!!  BUT I STILL WANT……..

ok, can’t have, but still want.  I’m out Dan….

thanks guys…love you!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

why is it Nick and I have the same idea about personal spending, but he thinks welfare is the cause of the obesity epidemic but I think it’s food manufacturers getting us to eat sugar and fat? : )

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Dan,

I own the version produced by Lite Trail and have both windscreen version 1.0 and 2.0.  I think I sold off version 1.0 with another Toaks pot last year.  I really like this kit and have logged more miles with it than any other.  I however do not care for the windscreen and think it’s its weak link.  I’ve used the Ti Tri stand/burner with a few different cook kits and think it works well enough but am always interested in refining my kit.

I am interested in a version that’s paired with a Caldera Cone and comes with the BGET esbit burner and Starlyte stove.  If something like this goes into production, you can mark me down as a for sure sale.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

If Jen received one as a gift…

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Maybe I’ll give her one if she behaves in Chaff.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I’ll get her one if she misbehaves. It’s more fun that way.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

I have used the Lite Trail System a lot. To be honest, the windscreen and Esbit stove were okay; I’m not going to stress out trying to squeeze out a little more efficiency.

I finally got to the point where I just wanted to boil more water. I was happier with more hot water for additional hot drinks with my meals. I slept warmer and had a better frame of mind. 850-900 ml pot simply made my trips much more enjoyable.

I don’t think anyone is going to come up with an efficient Esbit system lighter than a TD GVP Keg system, other than buying a smaller keg from Dan Y. The “newer” kegs with additional ridges are much stronger now.

Aaron D
    Spectator

@ardavis324-2-2-2

Dan,

I would be interested in a non handled Toaks 550 pot with ridge.   Where might one get the Sidewinder caldera cone to match up with it?  Just a custom order from trail designs?  Does the eby265 matching cone work?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Now that I have already stated that I want one I realize that I am not sure what is being discussed here. If it’s a ridged, no handle Toaks 550 with a Sidewinder cone then I want one very much!

If we are talking about something else please explain.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools