Topic

Suunto Ambit2S – Lime w/ heart rate strap – $225 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap Suunto Ambit2S – Lime w/ heart rate strap – $225 shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

I have a lime colored Suunto 2S w/ heart rate strap i would like to sell. It works great, just updated it to the newest firmware 2.0.9
    (see this site for update information – http://d1c229iib3zm7m.cloudfront.net/release_notes/SuuntoAmbit2S_ReleaseNotes.txt)

no scuffs or damage to the face, strap is in perfect shape. Comes with the heart rate strap and the alligator clip USB cable for charging,syncing, and updating. This is the S model, so the only differnce from the S and the regular model is battery size (which makes it much thinner/lighter) and does not have a barometric/temp sensor (uses GPS to find altitude, similar to most gps units). I have found wrist mounted temp sensors do not work anyways, so that isn't an issue.

http://www.suunto.com/Products/sports-watches/Suunto-Ambit2-S/Suunto-Ambit2-S-Lime-HR/

An in-depth review can be found here – http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/04/suunto-ambit2-review.html

Retail is $400

I'm selling mine for $200 shipped

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

How's the battery life?

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Battery life of the S model is half of the standard model because it was made to be slimmer and lighter. Ambit 2S has 240 mAh battery, and Ambit 2 has 480 mAh battery. I have found that what Suunto's estimates are accurate.

~14 days in regular time mode
    ~25 hours of GPS recording in 60s interval mode
    ~12 hours of GPS recording in 5s interval mode
    ~8 hours of GPS recording in 1s interval mode

All of these interval modes are customizable in Suunto's Movescount online synchronization. I find for my hikes the 60s mode is plenty, but i use the 1 second mode when running and short hikes. I've used the 10s mode when i do a day hike that i want very accurate results from that i might run out of battery with the 1s mode, but thats unusual.

For hikes where i think i'll be tracking more than 25 hours (about 2 days worth of hiking ~12 hour days), i'll bring a Guide10 battery pack with some freshly charged NiMH batteries, and the USB/alligator clip cable, and charge it while i'm in camp every night just to make sure. If you figure that you're only charging 240 mAh, you'll find that you have multiple charges from just a single AA, and a guide 10 will keep you running for weeks.

Its very accurate for tracking, and the few times i've used it for navigating, it was spot on.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

mid-day bump

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

Thanks for the info, very tempting. I would do it if I could find a good home for my casio PRG270-1.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Still for sale

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Still for sale

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Price Drop to $200 shipped. I'm firm at this price.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

SOLD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!