Topic

FS: Osprey Exos 48

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap FS: Osprey Exos 48

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

i have a new style osprey exos 48. its been used twice on two weekend trips, and is in pretty much like new condition.

This pack is the newest style one that has better hip/shoulder padding, and is Blue/Grey in size medium.

More info can be found here –
    http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/superlight/exos_48

Looking for $125 shipped. Firm on price.

Steven Morris
    BPL Member

@sailsman

I'll take it Ted. sending you a PM

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

SOLD

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

what was your feedback on the pack? did you get to max out its weight capacity? are the changes good/real improvements? I love the idea of this pack but the old one was not very durable where the mesh met the frame, and it was not comfortable at weights over 30 lbs…

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

I'm actually going back to my exo 46

as far as load carrying, the new one is a little better than the old one. i carried 40 lbs of water plus standard gear on a maze trip for TrailGroove magazine with the 46, which was very uncomfortable, but doable. where on this trip last weekend to Chesler park, i had about 40 lbs in the new 48 (again, 26 lbs of water plus standard gear and some extra camera gear). Again, it wasn't great, but better than before. mostly because of the new padding on the shoulders and hips. i do like the larger mesh pocket on the bottom of the lid too.

what isn't great is the new flap on the top of the main pack opening (annoying, not very useful), theres a new internal strap (annoying, not very useful), the new side straps aren't as good as the old one (being picky there), there's no front slash pocket (I really liked that pocket on the 46), just the stretch pocket, and the frame isn't quite as rigid (moves around more) because the center cross brace is no longer attached to the vertical braces. I think if they had just taken their old pack and given it the new padding, they'd have a winner.

I mean, its by no means a bad backpack, its still great, i just decided i still prefer the 46, so i'm sticking with my old pack.

something to add is that when i'm not carrying day(s) of water, my normal setup is 2-3L of water at most in my pack, my pack weight is under 20 lbs with food and water. for that, either will work just fine.

-Ted Ehrlich
    TrailGroove Magazine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!