Topic

Zion national park June 20-25

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Zion national park June 20-25

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marcelo mora

@ondeck

I don't have any plans set yet other than the dates and the place so far. I want to go backpacking and I want to go swimming allot. Any Ideas of a specific route or places I should see?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

The narrows, you can do both at the same time! June is a perfect time with it's hot weather.

marcelo mora

@ondeck

The narrows seem perfect for what I'm looking for. River crossings and lots of water while backpacking to jump in anytime I want!

marcelo mora

@ondeck

So I'm thinking of doing the Narrows as something short and sweet and doing the whole La Verkin Creek Trail.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Do the full Narrows. La Verkin is rather dull by comparison.

marcelo mora

@ondeck

Yeah I'm going to do the whole narrows

Anton Solovyev
    BPL Member

@antonsolovyev

Locale: Colorado, Utah

Add Orderville for hikes and of course Subway. If you are there for 6 days you are almost certainly going to get a permit for the latter.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

The Narrows was pretty low flow when we went last year about the same time but there were several holes you could actually swim if desired.

I'd guess all the reservable campsites are taken now (they filled quickly last year) so not sure on your chances of getting a permit when you want it.

Another "hidden" swimming hole is near the end of Pine Creek that you can access near the 4th hairpin after exiting the tunnel. You can jump off the rocks though do note there are 2 underwater rocks that would ruin your day so scout it out first.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools