Topic

Brooks Range Cirro Extreme 120g Primaloft for $89

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Brooks Range Cirro Extreme 120g Primaloft for $89

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

at REI today. no coupon needed. multiple colors and sizing. pretty good deal on a 120g filled primaloft 1 jacket with hood. prolly runs a hair small like the alpini.

enjoy.

http://www.rei.com/product/862330/brooks-range-cirro-extreme-insulated-jacket-mens-2013-closeout

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

"But my Rab Infinity is lighter and warmer and most importantly packs down MUCH smaller so I returned the Cirro."

yep, those are the benefits of down vs. synthetic. the benefit of synthetic over down is that it insulates even when wet. ahh, the tradeoffs…

i ordered one to try it out because i like the fact that it is 120 vs the norm 100 fill, the hood looks like it seals up tight and most importantly, it meets my $100 and under criteria for gear. that said, its easily returned down the street or you'll see it on gearswap if it doesn't pass my 1000 point inspection. :-)

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Thats a nice deal Adam, I would be all over this but have an Arcteryx Atom Sv already.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

wow, that is a killer deal…resisting the bargain.

I'm with you though Rick, for cold weather stuff I like having the warmth, lightweight and compact size of down (also infinity). I guess if you need a synthetic, you really need a synthetic, but does't tend to happen here in the CO rockies. Thus far I've been quite happy with the combination of a lightweight down parka and an ultralight synth jacket (xenon). I get some moisture resistance and the ability to move in the light synth, and big warmth is usually neatly packed away at the bottom of my bag if I really need it…….Just trying to talk myself out of buying one.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Locale: Midwest

After the presents were laid under the tree, and the wife fell asleep…I drifted over to the REI site and ordered both a L and M (lot of conflicting sizing feedback)…

I figure it's REI, I'll just return one or both when they come in depending on how the look/feel/fit. The only synth insulation I have now is an REI Revelcloud and it looks like the Cirro Extreme only weights 2-3oz. more with twice the insulation.

On paper it looks like a winner.

-Mark in St. Louis

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Well…The Cirros arrived today. Unfortunately, the M sleeves are too short. The L sleeves are perfect, although I would prefer a slimmer fit in the torso. The L fit will allow better layering options though.

Inevitably I prefer the grey color (M) over the blue (L)…oh well…still a really nice jacket for the price!

-Mark in St. Louis

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Mark, How tale are you? maybe I'll buy the medium off you, before you send it back to REI???

I'm 5'-9" @ 155 lbs.

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Hey…I'm ~6'/185#/41" chest/31" waist. The M would fit you perfectly.

However, I think my hiking partner (who's just a hair smaller/shorter than you) is gonna buy it…but…I'll certainly let you know if not.

Looks like they're sold out at REI now…so still a good deal with tax + shipping.

-Mark

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Thanks Mark…

Just let me know by emailing me johnm at paceengrs.com.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools