Topic

Icebreaker Skin 200 boxer briefs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Icebreaker Skin 200 boxer briefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RC
    BPL Member

@demo

Locale: PNW

I recently just ditch wearing Smartwool Micro weight boxer-briefs for these from Icebreaker. I am an immediate convert.

Pros:

1) MUCH more durable. Smartwool developed wear holes soon after use. See: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/8213/index.html
    2) considerably softer to the skin.
    3) no strange fly design like that of the Smartwool design.

Cons:

1) Thicker and therefore warmer. If you "run hot", these will have a noticeable effect.

BRIAN BOLIN
    BPL Member

@oboz

Locale: OVER YONDER'

I wore these briefs this Spring on the AT and simply loved them! Very comfortable and no chaffing. A must have. worth the high price for sure.

Dan Healy

@electricpanda

Locale: Queensland

Been using IB stuff now for about 7years. The moths holes finally got to numerous on a previous pair of IB shorts – a big problem with all wool gear ya really gotta keep the camphor up to them – so I forked out for another set for a spot of trekking in Bhutan.

IB shorts work well for multiple day treks. This time we used Sportslick as well as wool to keep 'crutchrot' away (washing gear in the Himalaya's is no problem – drying is though!). The IB's started to loose a little support after about the 3rd day or so which is not too bad.

An idea on the next trip is to try EarthSeaSky undershorts as they have 10% lycra in them to hold shape – they are twice the price though!

Andy Howell

@ecotrend

I've been using these for 18 months now and have found them to be very effective. I've also used them in searing heat in France and found them to be comfortable.

If I have a gripe then it would be about durability. My last pair lasted 12 months, although that involved a lot of hiking in hot and sweaty weather.

I've not found them to be too hot.

Barnett Childress

@barnett_childress

Locale: New England

I find these to be extremely comfortable. No chafing, quick to dry & durable. Absolutely no complaints.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools