Topic

H&M down jacket $35

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals H&M down jacket $35

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Scored one of these today for less than $35 including tax (normally 49.95). 9.0 oz on my scale. I think this jacket uses down packets, as it feels like there is a second layer between the down and the face fabric.

hm jacket
    hm jacket on
    (Excuse my hair, been wearing a beanie all day).

It's what I'd expect from a jacket that cheap. It's fairly well made at first glance, but if you look at it for any amount of time, you'll find loose/untrimmed threads, fraying of raw edges of fabric at seams… don't know how to explain it… but not visible on the outside of the jacket.

Went thought several jackets before I found one without an underfilled baffle. Not sure what kind of fill power in it, or if it's duck or goose. It's a good buy for use as a cheap, around town jacket.

They had 30% off all jackets plus an additional 10% off for giving them my "email."
    They come in black, copper/rust orange, and olive. As with all H&M, fit is European.

David Williams

@ddwbeagles

Locale: Stephens City, VA

Pretty decent bargin on a light down jacket, but I'm holding out and hoping that I can catch a sweet deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday on a killer pair of footsie Pajamas.

Hoping you have a sense of humor there. Thanks for the lead but a link would be helpful. I'm not familiar with HM and my google search brings up about 10000 companies.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

http://m.hm.com/us/product/16294?article=16294-D#mediaType=FASHION_FRONT
    In the store (Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood, Washington), it was 30% off, plus additional 10% off for signing up for their email list.

That's the link. According to the site, It's 90/10 down, so pretty good for the ratio, will no idea about FP. The jacket definitely uses down packets, probably large panels pore filled with down, then outer shell layered over and then baffled, so very little to no down leakage. The website shows a camp pattern color, but I only saw the black, rust, and olive.

As for the 4 inner pockets, they're the water bottle holder type, where the order zip pocket fabric is sewn on on the inside to create another pocket, and that pocket is divided into two on either side.

I just wore it outside waiting for the bus to work, about 15 minutes, in 25* F. It kept me warm enough, but I was doing on a warm coffee. It would work well enough in the hough 30s, low 40s with proper base layers.

It won't be replacing my Stoic Hadron Anorak any time soon, but it'll definitely see use stupid town during the colder months.

As an aside, the onesie is great. It's nice being short sometimes, since I can buy the largest kid's onesie at Target, much cheaper than onesies made for adults.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

ive seen those …

if you check the label on the inside waist enough it will show the amount of fill and the 90/10 ratio … it is duck down

they were on sale for 30$ up here around vancouver … IMO there isnt enough fill to make it worthwhile , its very thin

there will be much better deals soon if you are looking for a jacket with decent loft

;)

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Yeah, Eric, it definitely is thin. Got mine for 31.5 before tax.
    It was a good deal since I didn't have to go bargain hunting. I want planning on buying anything, just followed my lady into the store and I was the one that ended up making an impulse buy. Bought this to wear around town and my bus commutes to work, and for that, it works well enough.

The Uniqlo ones seem very nice considering they don't use prefilled down packets and have hooded options for cheap if one is in need of a lightweight down jacket for outdoor use on a budget.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools