Topic

6oz spinnaker tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 6oz spinnaker tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

Locale: The Desert

After we spent 6 hours making our first prototype for our soon to be company/project, here is the end result:
    5.9 oz in stuff sack
    8'4×6'8"x4'9"

If anyone has any interest please let me know, I'll be out of town for awhile leaving late tonight…

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Very nice, what kind of price are you talking? I already ordered a MLD Grace Solo, Silnylon tarp at 8.8 oz for $90.00

If I would have seen this sooner? I probably would have ordered one from you, if the price is right?

MLD's Grace Solo Spintex tarp is $150.00

Price yours at $100.00 and you will probably sell a ton of them?

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Looks very sharp and neat, and I'm researching my tarp purchase now.. Budget is about $60 and leaning towards a silnylon military poncho; snaps, grommets, hood for use as a uh.. poncho.
    How can your tarp have three dimensions? I assume that a typical pitched height.. Then the second dimension is the pitched width and not the flat width? Please clarify. Thanks.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Brett it looks like a tapered tarp so the 3rd dimension is the width at the shorter end. At least that's my guess.

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

That's correct, 8'4" long, 6'8" wide at the front, 4'9"; wide in the back

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Looks good! What's the price?

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

We're not sure on the price yet, I'll get back to you as soon as we get an idea

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

A lot of the competitors that have similar tarps out have a cantanary cut in them.
    I'm not sure who you're aiming for to buy the tarp, but it would have to be a price low enough to lure away the ones who may be willing to pay the extra $$$ for the cantanary cut.
    Good luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools