Topic

Q.Shield

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Q.Shield

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I was talking to a customer service rep over at Mountain Hardwear and she said that the coating was to be permanent for the life of the jacket and that if the Q.Shield down failed that you should be able to return it for a replacement.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

That's good to hear,

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If that's true, that'd be cool. I was talking to one of the sales people at the MH store in Seattle last weekend, asking him about their new Thermal.Q synthetic insulation and their claims that it's 15% warmer than the leading synthetic… I asked for the Clo of the fill per square meter and he told me 1.67. I call shenanigans as that's The same as 800 FP down. Those numbers would be making headlines if true. I think he might have been giving the total Clo of the jacket, but I don't think he knew the difference as he didn't understand why I was skeptical of his claims.

James Couch
    Spectator

@jbc

Locale: Cascade Mountains

Probably referring to the jacket or a mistake. I am pretty sure the clo on the Thermal Q is 1.47.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

thats for the 60g … not clo/oz/sqyd

so its not apples to apples

everyone claims they have the best synth insulation .. the problem is differentiating between the marketing spiel and whats real

;)

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

So I come to a clo/oz/yd2 of 0,82 to 0,93.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Apex is specd at 0.82 clo/oz/yd2 – that's probably the leading insulation

Primaloft One is 0.92

I've never seen any numbers for down but I measured 850FP down at 1.3 and 1.6 clo/oz/yd2

Taylor Boudreau

@pippopdew

The Q.Shield Down is currently supplied from DownTek, simply rebranded. so I would expect similar performance and life.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Well that is nice of Mountain Hardwear to guarantee it as the coating is only supposed to last 10-20 washings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools