Topic

near ultimate hot weather bottom?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear near ultimate hot weather bottom?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A while back, i made a kilt out of a polyester-linen blend fabric i found for a good price. It's really hard to find linen-synthetic blend fabrics for some reason. There are plenty of linen cotton blends though. I don't think i have ever seen a nylon-linen blend fabric, which in the right ratio would be my "ultimate" material for a hot weather kilt.

Anyways, the polyester-linen blend fabric is 65% polyester and 35% linen, and is simply awesome for moisture management and somewhat cooling and comfortable. However, having that much poly in it and despite the linen content it will eventually stink somewhat badly. Polyester is just too hot for me in general for hot weather for the most part (unless it's very thin and aerated). And it stinks way too much.

If any of you ever see any nylon-linen blend fabric, please let me know. 60% to 50% nylon- and 40% to 50% linen would have the perfect blend (for me) of drying quickly, being cooling in nature, having good, long lasting odor control, and being very strong and long lasting while being fairly light weight.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools