Topic

Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I'm not familiar with TTT but I'm guessing it's not third tier toilet.

Does that mean that they are gone because I can't find them.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I need to buy two and the price is unbelievable but I can't find it. I tried the search function under gear and Black Diamond doesn't show up.

How long until the deal expires? I'm heading home so I can try to make the purchase off of my computer.

Edit: Called my wife at home and she saved the day. Just ordered two with five minutes to spare. I owe you a beverage of your choice!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

When I went to their website, instead of the deal du jour, it was taking me to another page. Fortunately my wife was able to pick up two. Thanks again!

Rich V.
    Spectator

@rich1az

Locale: Desert Southwest

These poles are listed as an upcoming deal and should be available within the hour..

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Concern. It says "Pole" not "Poles."

Hopefully I didn't screw this up earlier.

One picture is of a pair so I'm going to take it at a typo.

EDIT well those sold quick!

EDIT EDIT Steep and Cheap just responded and they were sold as a pair.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest
    Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

What is the appeal to these? They are kind of heavy for trekking poles at 1lb a pair.

There are at least a dozen poles I can think of that would be lighter, with the same features, for around the same ticket price.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Like which poles?8oz a piece,carbon fiber,flick lock,minimum length 25",long grips and cost can be had for $65-$85?

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I'm a large mammal and the carbon corks are bomber. I came down on my last pair pretty hard after tripping over a rock and they took the abuse without flinching and saved me from redecorating my face.

Seems I'm reading trip reports on a monthly basis where an LT4 is broken. Probably a very high percentage of BPLers are using them so that would account for the frequency as well.

Unfortunately I either left my last pair at the trailhead or they were stolen out of my truck.

To each their own.

EDIT Yes the LT4S spec out 5.3 oz (each) lighter than the BD Carbon Corks but I'm quite content with them and not looking for a replacement…. other than replacing the ones I lost.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

he has tested a lot of stuff and gives these his highest marks (he takes lt3's on fast and light trips). thats good enough for me.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

For as often as I have heard of LT4s snapping, there is no way I would buy them. I don't have the $$$ to replace a major item of gear every season, and poles are the same as shoes or pants to me, i.e. things that get scraped and wet and dirty and that I'm not going to baby. I have the BD Trails (aluminum/foam version of the carbon/corks). At 18 oz/pair they're not featherweight but they are a four season pole and the only pair I expect to need for a long time.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

BD carbon corks should be up in the next 30 minutes on Steep and Cheap for $65 again

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

They're up now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools